Renault IV gets its first Tuning Job

How many will like the new RS now

Wonder if this pic will change people's thoughts on the new clioRS

null-15.jpg

It's just a render though, not only will it never look like that it's quite likely impracticle to replicate.

Whether its just a render or not, how good do it look :smile:

Think it was done by a member on a fan page noddie.

As above.

A few things annoying me :

Headlights too big / fussy
RS badge on the front
The giant f*ck off Renault Diamond
The black splitter under the already fussy front bumper
The side skirt extensions
The fact they've swapped the pikey calipers for some 6 / 8 pot variants - unrealistic y0.
Stickers on the wing mirrors
Unrealistic drop
Unrealistic stance
Number of doors
Displacement
Lack of flared arches

Other than that - it's a minter.

Don't look half bad but as said its a rendering.. You'd be looking at a new bumper, front splitter, side sills, side skirts. And with the ride height you'd need coilovers...

Don't expect much change out of 4K for that lot when you consider paint and fitting.

I'm sure lots of people will think different when they see one in the flesh.

Last edited:
Your missing the point.
All I'm saying is with little touches the new Clio could look great. You don't need to go this far.

Anyone heard prices yet for the RS.

I know that base models go upto 19K so it wouldn't surprise me if the cup is touching 19-20k

shouldn't the cup (historically) be cheaper?? or you mean FF with cup pack? that's only if that's actually gonna be an option in this variant...

Cup, cup pack and FF are all options on the new RS just the cup won't be available straight away.
The one at Paris is the only one made but it was a FF with cup pack(4mm lower, 40% stiffer and red calipers)

Looks a lot better.

My mine gripe isn't with the looks as I believe it will grow. Look at the last couple of Civic's and the Impreza hatch... These cars were designed to have a 8-10 year lifespan and so were very much designed with the coming years in mind and weren't immediately accepted by the masses because of their "awkward" styling. Now look at them, they're all good looking cars...

My gripe is the lack of a manual option and maybe more so than that, the lack of big-ass brakes. The engine I can understand and it'll be highly tunable an reliable, but I'd have preferred them to make the F4R meet the emissions. It can be done, FIAT are having great results with the MultiAir smashing emissions targets to bits, no doubt RS could've done it had they been given the time...