Remapping gains?

I recently bought my SG Clio 200 and I'm now thinking of a remap, has anyone on here had any and then had it on a Dyno?

I was just wondering what sort of gains people have seen if they do it?

Car is completely standard at the minute, got a panel filter on order and will probably fit a Miltek CatBack before the map.

I had a remap free from tdf. Only mod is a panel filter. Peak power gain was minimal, 3bhp from memory. But midrange much improved, immediately noticeable.

No point in mapping before mods mate as there is nothing to re-jig. only car you'd map before anything is blown engines

As said do all your other mods first, i changed to milltek with decat and ITG pannel filter and gained 8bhp after map to suit. :thumbup1:

v6 airbox, matched inlets and Miltek = 204bhp without a map. Not sure how much more peak power the map might give me?

v6 airbox, matched inlets and Miltek = 204bhp without a map. Not sure how much more peak power the map might give me?

??

I lost 5bhp & 3 lengths of the car (184 bhp -> 179bhp) only with Miltek (including Miltek 200cell sportcat) - but after the remap it was much better (184 bhp -> 190bhp).

But this is definitely the way to go as you have describe it:

V6 airbox, matched/ported inlets, exhaust (Akrapovič if you can afford it) & a remap.

Raptor you arent the only one. I seem to remember mark having a similar problem dont know whether simo runs vee airbox on his car too. Funny how litchy got gains :s

Too much air = lack of fuel as without a map the car wouldnt know how much extra to put in makes no sense

Yes, unfortunately, Sagem3000 is not a state of the art ECU with the ability to selfadjust when this kind of mods are made.

Map after your done with mods for sure. I was never going to go down the road of spending thousands on engine mods when the truth is the car is capable anyway. 193bhp mapped.

Mine was mapped with just an ITG at TDF and anyone saying there is no point in mapping a near standard car isnt putting a price on driveability. There is a CLEAR improvement to be had.....

Hmmmmm thousands on engine mods....... Who would do a thing like that. Lol. Trust me modded cars are ALOT faster and more responsive than ones with a remap. Even i couldnt keep up with modded 182's and CTR's though id give a standard 230 a good run for its money and bottled it at 135 racing a Passat CC with an R36 engine he must have carried on to 150+ lol cus he was gone.......

Seriously thgh a map onna standard car is mind over matter u pay ure money and hope its faster and in the back of your mind you have to ask what difference did it make apart from faster throttle response and slightly faster acceleration........

Hmmmmm thousands on engine mods....... Who would do a thing like that. Lol. Trust me modded cars are ALOT faster and more responsive than ones with a remap. Even i couldnt keep up with modded 182's and CTR's though id give a standard 230 a good run for its money and bottled it at 135 racing a Passat CC with an R36 engine he must have carried on to 150+ lol cus he was gone.......

Seriously thgh a map onna standard car is mind over matter u pay ure money and hope its faster and in the back of your mind you have to ask what difference did it make apart from faster throttle response and slightly faster acceleration........

You're correct that a heavily modified car would be way more responsive. But incorrect that it's mind over matter. Massively.

I've got no reason to push it, I paid nothing for my remap. But the difference was immediately noticeable (and still is after driving a standard car). I honestly don't understand how someone couldn't notice the difference in all honesty.

Map after your done with mods for sure. I was never going to go down the road of spending thousands on engine mods when the truth is the car is capable anyway. 193bhp mapped.

Mine was mapped with just an ITG at TDF and anyone saying there is no point in mapping a near standard car isnt putting a price on driveability. There is a CLEAR improvement to be had.....

indeed there is :thumbup1:

Similar Thread Suggestions