Remap + MPG

Happy New year guys, due to circumstance change i might have to drive a few more miles to work. Looking at trade in's for a bit more fuel efficient car i seem to be being offer about £8400 for my 59 plate 200 full fat. Bit upsetting really...

I was wondering would a remap give better MPG, has anyone had one done for MPG reasons?

Opinions please

wouldnt expect much to be honest. Really what is there to change?

kinda on the same boat as you to be honest, went from doing 12 miles a day to 40. Feeling it in the pocket. Really dont want to lose the clio, but may have to. Leave it till March, bad time of year to change.

Last edited:
Remap will have the most minimal impact on your MPG bud, problem is you're more likely to use the right pedal more on a remap.. MPG will affectivaly go down lol.

Nothing you do to these thirsty buggers get you any significant mpg

Remap will not have any fuel saving advantages on these cars unfortunately. Most remaps for the clio are done with performance in mind, not efficiency

A change in driving style can have a massive difference. After i'd completed my IAM/observer training I saw a genuine 3-4mpg improvement compared to how I drove before (in my 172 Cup).

Focus on driving so you don't have to brake, read the road ahead, plan/time your entry to roundabouts so you don't have to come to a complete stop etc etc etc.

As an example, I drove the 26 miles home tonight and my trip is reading 38mpg...admittedly that's all on country roads...but I only touched the brake 7 times from the moment I set off to the moment I turned the engine off.

Also, think about the massive loss you'll suffer if you change the car...that loss would take ages to recover in all but the most fuel efficient I.e. Boring car.