Recaro won't clip back to positiion

Yesterday, I hoover my car front and back, this was the last time I was in the car.

Drove up the road tonight, woosh, bang. The passenger recaro flies forward and won't clip back in. Now everytime I brake it's the same :/

Anybody else had this problem or any ideas what it could be?

Ive read else where there have been issues with the cable that releases the catch. Usually makes it stuck back but I suppose it could cause your problem too.

First up I'd check that the release handle is working properly. It catches the seat on both sides on the base at the back. Also is the handle springing back as normal?

I couldn't see tonight due to it being dark then it chucked it down, will try the handle tomorrow.

I swopped over my bases today and looked at the cable set up for you.

When you pull the handle in the back of the seat it pulls (via cable) on these two points.

74135_4797755274088_1859910006_n.jpg

It lifts up a mechanism to slide forward, maybe these are not clicking back into place.

550326_4797753954055_1460183475_n.jpg

149322_4797671671998_1212901811_n.jpg

If you need more space to get at them, the recaro base is held on via 4 5mm allen headed bolts. one cable held in two places on lugs and it's out of the way.

Should have posted, but I managed to sort this.

Basically, the prong which sticks out of the runner itself and locks the seat into position managed to get stuck down, so the seat had nothing to latch onto.

Lifted it, bit of WD40, good as new.

Cheers for the input though :d

WD40 might fix it temporarily but you really need some 3in1 or suchlike if you dont want the problem to come back once the WD has gone away.

the handle actually unlocks the up right, so you can pivot it forward, at the bottom of the up right theres a plate which the cable hooks onto, the motion of pivoting the seat forward unlocks the base of the rails and slides it forward.