Recaro Airbags/Connectors

Thanks for helping me with this mate!

I'm useless when it comes to electrics, so apologies for sounding dumb now! Do I need to get connectors which will plug into the loom that's in the car already? How will I know what type to buy?

On the drivers side there are more wires, all taped together, I'm guessing some are for the seatbelt light and some for the seat position sensor?

imageoaa.jpg

you will need a male/female for both sides with enough pins to take all the wires - i dont think you be able to get exact copies of the renault ones....unless you get them from a scrappers and take some of the loom as well

make a note of the wires and which one goes to which one as in the picture - then cut the wires and solder and fit in the connectors making sure when they are clipped together the colours match in the plugs

you will have to probably have to cut off the plugs that are in your car so if you do this leave some wire on so you can always solder the plugs back on if you put the old seats back in

hope this makes sence ???

Yea that makes sense, think I understand now. All the excess wire was confusing me, but it must be the wire from the car that's usually under the carpet?

So something like this, on either end would be ok? Male and female versions of course...

0-013-15-pack-of-5-mate-n-lock-2.00mm-female-housing-9-way-2474-p.jpg

One other thing is that there are 2 wires, brown and pink, which come up from the car side but are not joined to anything - can see them in the pic in my other post above. Would I leave them unconnected when I put the seats in my car?

Yea that makes sense, think I understand now. All the excess wire was confusing me, but it must be the wire from the car that's usually under the carpet?

So something like this, on either end would be ok? Male and female versions of course...

0-013-15-pack-of-5-mate-n-lock-2.00mm-female-housing-9-way-2474-p.jpg

One other thing is that there are 2 wires, brown and pink, which come up from the car side but are not joined to anything - can see them in the pic in my other post above. Would I leave them unconnected when I put the seats in my car?

yeh thats the type of connector to use :thumbup1:

as for the brown and pink not sure on that - best look at your old seats and see where they go or what they do

may also be worth having a word with capital seating they may have some connectors/looms you could utilise

Ok brill thanks mate, have given capital an email to see if they can help. If not I'll get some of those connectors and match the wires up, I've just labelled them all at both sides so I know where they go to.

Hopefully I'll be able to figure out the brown and pink wires, I'll post back again if I get stuck though when I come to fit them :tongueout:

If I were you and your not too sure on what your doing here I would get an auto electrician to do it.

Ok so I have an auto electrician who is going to sort the wiring out, I'm going to fit the seats myself first then drive to the garage, but just wondered if this will cause any faults with the car due to the airbags being disconnected??

you will have the airbag light come on, but once you have the wiring sorted it will still be on until you get renault to reconfigure the ecu to the new seats, thats what i had to do when i fitted mine.

he needs to disconnect the battery for 20mins before unplugging the airbags.
your standard seats had antisub bags where as the recaro dont. the wires that come from your car to the antisub bags will need a resistor putting in to fool the airbag warning light.