Rear speakers

I'm contemplating buying some rear speakers and just wondered what size I would need and if anyone could recommend any good but cheap ones I was thinking Alpine/ Kenwood??

My rears are 5 inch/13cm. So yes 13cm is correct.
They only have 2 holes though. Not 4 like normal so 2 out of 4 lugs need to be bent unless you buy speakers with only 2.

I had the pioneer Renault fit ones installed in the rear of my Clio.

Last edited:
First thing I did was put speakers in the rear!

Still got the box for the pioneer ones I bought, so when I'm home from work I will check the size on the box! If no-one posts it up before!

Pretty sure mine ready has read speakers. If it doesn't I'll be dry surprised from the way it sounds now.

I'm looking at some updated pioneer fronts to go with the ts-q131c Renault fitment ones in the front.

Yes, 13cm. And as said above, only 2 screw holes due to the design of the inset. If you buy normal speakers you can get some adaptors to go from the spade connectors to the Renault plug. I got them off eBay.

With the whole only two screw hole thing in the rear as well. You could I assume just MAKE them fit......if you see what I mean :wink:

be carefull i bought some infinity kappas for my rear speakers & they caused an electrical problem, the tweeters melted off!! sparks flying, the whole shebang

moved the renault front ones to the rear & working all fine, think its cause they are plastic & the infinitys metal

JBL 5.25" 2 ways in the rear, cut off 2 tabs to fit, wire in and shrink wrap. Your done...

Upgraded the fronts with some Kenwoods, same ease of fitment.

That's enough for me, a few guys also run active subs.

On a cup, are the wires there ready for the rears?

ie it's just the speakers missing?

My mum has the 1.5dci version with no rear speakers as standard, but there are wires in there. It's dead easy to check, just unclip the speakers covers, they're on a hinge.