Rear Speakers in 08 197????????

Liam Gunby

Paid Member
Was just wondering is my 08 plate 197 supposed to have rear speakers?

I removed the speaker grills and there's nothing there. But on the drivers side i found a speaker connection cable behind the trim......
So im confused.

Never thought anything off it before as not all small 3 door cars have rear speakers. But the found wire has me thinking.

anyone shed any light on this?

Thank you.

6 speakers was an optional upgrade, all you got as standard is fronts and tweets. Pop down to any breakers and you'll get a pair of rear speakers for a fiver...

Haha I had a similar issue with my old twingo GT. pulled the trim away to find no speakers just a bunch of cables.

If ya after an upgrade get some aftermarket ones or ad above just find some from a breakers / scrap yard

Yes i got the same surprise in mine just the cables and some dust lol. The size i believe you need are 13cm top of my head and should only have 2 tabs on them, which any normal 13cm speaker will have 4 tabs for fitting, either chop 2 off or bend them the option is yours unless you get renault specific speakers which will fit perfectly but the choice and cost are a bit up and down. I personally upgraded to pioneer and gently bent the tabs to fit on all four speakers. Not the most professional job in the world but i dont think the worst either :blush:

Reactions: Liam Gunby