Rear speakers in 197 not working

Hi there,

I just bought a 197 and was wandering if anybody has had the same problem as me and if so please can you give me some advice to fix it.

There is no sound coming out of my rear speakers at all and when i check the front/rear balance settings on the radio it shows it is set to half and half.

Any advice would be grateful.

Cheers

Cheers for the help guys could of solved this quickly if I had just looked behind the casing first but oh well. Was thinking of upgrading the speakers anyway so will just do that.

if its a 197 with the "standard" cd it wont have rear speakers - you had to pay for the "upgraded" cd set up to get rear speakers :thumbdown:

There were 3 stereos available, standard, MP3 and then cabasse. Luke, you probably have the MP3 one like I did, this came with rear speakers :smile:

It plays mp3 cds. Normal ones don't. The cables and connecters were already there in mine, just a case of buying some and screwing them in.

MP3 one will say MP3 under one of the number buttons. As arran said, just means you can make a data CD instead of an audio CD so you can fit 700MB of songs on a disc instead of 90 minutes of songs

I noticed mine dosnt have rear speakers after installing my new h/u courtesy of Mike (:wink:), so if i buy some uprades/aftermarket will they just plug straight into the connectors?

You will need to buy a converter if you just buy normal speakers, to go from the 2 spade connectors to the single plug in the car. You can get them of ebay for about a fiver I think.