RB Clio Megane Conversion

Looking good! Looked great at mine even though it was pitch black haha.

[MENTION=1918]Sean197[/MENTION] cheers man! Would have been good to get a couple photos when i was at yours but it was too dark:thumb1:

I gotta say, those alloys totally transform the car. This has got to be one the best cars on the forum mate :smile: Is it on coilovers?

[MENTION=53714]FinlayMiller[/MENTION] - when it gets lighter give me a shout and we'll sort something. I'll need some pics of your engine bay anyway, as well as your exhaust set up so I know what to order :smile:

@DS197 - Took a while to come but really glad i went for the Autecs, yeah its on Spax RSX, Thanks mate! Its got a long way to go though:smile:. @Sean197 - Definitely, we'll get something sorted when the weathers better!

Last edited:
Oh btw that noise when you were turning is exactly the same as mine when my ball joints went. I don't think it's your top mounts unfortunately, just sounded more heavy duty.

[MENTION=1918]Sean197[/MENTION] i know, the squeak going over bumps is the top mounts but its developed the creak over the past two weeks haha, definitely the ball joints. Did you use daily for them? Rentec in edinburgh seem to fit them for £120.

[MENTION=1918]Sean197[/MENTION] i know, the squeak going over bumps is the top mounts but its developed the creak over the past two weeks haha, definitely the ball joints. Did you use daily for them? Rentec in edinburgh seem to fit them for £120.

Small update: Clio is off the road now for the next month so i can tidy everything up, went in to rentec on friday for the swivel joint and the health check revealed a couple of things! Original plans were to forge it and push for 300+bhp but if im honest it doesnt need any more power, i would rather have it running sweet with the power it has than not drive it for the next year and a half because its in bits in my driveway! Missing it far too much and its only been a week, thats what driving a VW up! as a daily does to you[emoji26] So plans over the next month or so are:
New top mounts
New disks all round (decent ones this time..)
Timing belt and aux
Boot to be painted
Diff seals and CV boots replaced

Had a few issues with uploading photos here, unsure if its due to photo size? Quite a small thread so didnt think it would be an issue.

Anyway, got my diff seals from renault and one inner CV from ALS, £65 all in[emoji52] Managed to replace the rear springs the other week after one snapped and got my wiper delete fitted!

Heres a few photos of the car now its sitting a bit lower!

84079da40d9ed9e74acf2fa38bdb0b5d.jpg

84c32c5bb4cb9db8ed4c02d5af6d804f.jpg

d935ce6dc24366af92ae1940af7bc9ac.jpg

5634faec5d630a5c8e781a336abe1c71.jpg

69d700fdff1c43c361e06e2394a350db.jpg

Looking good :smile: We'll need to get some pics sorted soon, seeing as the weather is decent. I'll also be needing some pics of the engine bay etc so I know what bits I need!

[MENTION=51826]G8RSH[/MENTION] been looking at the compbrake adjustables, still not too sure though, not heard anything about anyone running them
[MENTION=1918]Sean197[/MENTION] definitely, once the weathers better and the cars on the road! Its just sitting in the drive at the moment looking sad so you're free to photos any time!

[MENTION=51826]G8RSH[/MENTION] been looking at the compbrake adjustables, still not too sure though, not heard anything about anyone running them
[MENTION=1918]Sean197[/MENTION] definitely, once the weathers better and the cars on the road! Its just sitting in the drive at the moment looking sad so you're free to photos any time!

I have Spax and am not sure which to get! I heard one ran the Simo top mounts and had trouble getting the nut to clear the top adjustable part. Mine has split :worried:

3ed9bcba4fe1d0e57d581edb27d5eba4.jpg

[MENTION=51826]G8RSH[/MENTION] Im using Spax RSX and am curious too, let me know what you end up going for as mine are creaking/squeaking a bit, wont be doing the top mounts for a bit though as ive just forked out for the timing belt and aux belt to be done haha!

Lovely motor! You made a good decision of not forging it, you'll be spending a serious amount of money to forge it properly, trust me I know :lol: what power is it at the moment?