RB Clio Megane Conversion

You probably seen this up for sale for a good while, we'll i finally bit the bullet and bought it..
attachment.php

Had the car roughly a month now so only subtle changes so far, first things first i set about tidying up the bay as it was in a bit of a sorry state:nope:
Got an MTC intake pipe for the standard meg and shortened it slightly to fit! Then used a standard Clio header tank to replace the Ford one it came with..
Still to get the fuse and relay covers!

(Please excuse the horrible orange temporary overflow pipe)

Before:
attachment.php

After:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Apologies for the poor iphone photos but its better than no pictures!

Other subtle changes to include gel plates and black badges:
attachment.php

New set of front disks coming this week and should have my new wheels by Christmas! Anyway that's it for now, as you can probably tell im new to this forum thing!
,Finlay

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 808
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 811
  • IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 811
  • IMG_0721.jpg
    IMG_0721.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 806
  • IMG_0770.jpg
    IMG_0770.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 806
Very nice mate :smile: I saw this car for sale when I was looking to buy mine, but insurance would have been too much. I bet it's an absolute beast though!

Great car Finlay. I saw this a lot while looking for ours. Have to admit it was very tempting but given the car was for my wife I figured it would be a bit overkill. Hope she treats you well.

DS197:

Its a beast, in the wet it struggles for grip in fourth and ive even seen the esp light flicker in fifth a few times.. a limited slip diff is 100% on the card but that will have to wait till the new year!

LiamRS197:

looking at Autec Wizards or OZ ultras! The price difference is swaying me toward the Autecs..

///M:

Thanks! Its a bit of a handful for a daily driver, great fun though! What did you end up going for?

Sean197:

Cheers mate, im in Cupar! Where abouts are you?

Jimmyd81:

Cheers jim!

@FinlayMiller - i'm also in Cupar, I thought I recognised the last pic, is that near Tesco?- That was me in front of you a couple of Fridays ago on the road into Cupar, I flashed my hazards to say hello and you flashed your lights :smile: I was just out for a blast after having had the coilovers and manifold fitted. I thought I recognised the car from the ebay ad and put a thread in the Spotted section on here - http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?50876-RB-197-cup-kit-possibly-meg-d-Cupar-Fife :wink:

Hi mate, I have some Megane 18" in black, mint condition with 4mm tyres I'd be willing to swap, with cash on top if you wanted, text me, 07713514348

[MENTION=1918]Sean197[/MENTION] Ah yeah, wondered if you would be on here, did have a wee browse on the spotted section just in-case but must have missed it! Distinctly remember feeling ashamed at how clean your car was compared to mine:lol2: Im actually in Balmullo but saying Cupars easier as most people haven't a clue where Balmullo is haha! :smile: Nice one, what coilovers did you go for? Yeah it had sat for sale on ebay for a while, was going for silly high money at one point!

[MENTION=53714]FinlayMiller[/MENTION] I've got the Bilstein B14 coilovers, with powerflex engine mounts. also have a toyosport manifold and HEL brake lines.

[MENTION=1918]Sean197[/MENTION] how do they ride? ive got spax RSX's but theyre so crashy! sounds good, quite a sorted wee car youve got there! any more plana for it? ive got HEL brake lines too.
[MENTION=52709]ollieboulton[/MENTION] I'd be very interested in the OZ's mate, drop us a pm.
[MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION] Cheers Chris!

[MENTION=53714]FinlayMiller[/MENTION] - my thread is here - http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?50795-Sean-s-Albi-197-Toyosports-mani-fitted-06-11-2015
I can't fault the Bilsteins, and for the same price as the spax RSX's it was a no brainer. They are very compliant, not crashy at all, and handling is great. In fact i'd say they are more comfortable than the standard cup set up. They are a little bumpy but I think that's only due to mine being a little lower than is probably optimum, but I don't use mine on track so I can live with it. I would recommend powerflex engine mounts, the vibration from the upper engine mount is horrific at first but it does quiet down and you immediately feel a difference, it just feels more connected. If you're getting rid of your speedlines give me a shout as i'm after some :smile:

[MENTION=1918]Sean197[/MENTION] Already had a sneaky wee peek not going to lie haha! looks good! Nice one, ill definitely look into them as im not appriciating the spax, even if they do handle amazing..
Been looking at the ktex upper mount, ill have a look at powerflex too as the bush in mine has seen better days..
Once i have another set of wheels sorted (Oz's or autecs) i'll give you a shout about the speedlines!

Small Update:

-Changed the disks and pads
-New Wheels are tyres are on! Went for Autec Wizards in 17 x 7.5 with an offset of 45, gives a nice bit of poke without spacers without being too much!
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

-Changed the oil and filter on Sunday, last person that did it must have had a strong grip :angry: Next up is the box oil!
attachment.php

-Painted my top two grills and intercooler Matt Gloss Black, for the stealth approach!:tongueout:
attachment.php

Unfortunately i've got the dreaded creak on full lock so that will be next weekends job:tomato:

Attachments

• IMG_1574.jpg
    IMG_1574.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_1623.jpg
    IMG_1623.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_1554.jpg
    IMG_1554.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_1655.jpg
    IMG_1655.jpg