Raider repainted & now with cup spoiler

Hahahaha!!! :wink:

I used to go there often at my old work (B&M Waste), used to pick up your commercial bins!!!

You'll have to get down to one of the NW meets, we try and hold one every month and the next one wil be Karting in Trafford Park. :smile:

Breath of relief, haha. Yeah sounds good mate!!

Don't worry I've not been stalking you hahaha!!! :smiley:

Have a look in the NW Region section on here for details, not confirmed the date yet but it'll likely be the last week of November. It'd be good to meet you and have a nosey around the Raider... You'll have to paint it Deep Black though, apart from Giles and Litchy every NW based member has a Deep Black car. Very strange!!! :smiley:

Due to the wax being specifically made for the car finish by a well known manufacturer, this was a major strong point as the wax contains no colourings etc and is a fast degradable product with a short lifespan of roughly 2 months. If it would have been a sealant product (that i know another raider has been applied with and the paint was ruined) then i would have been footed with the bill as the other owner was.

I had the choice to walk away from the car when the defects were first spotted and it was a big decision for me to make but im glad i went through it all.

Seems like Swissvax bought you more protection that you thought!

Looks better IMO with a cup spoiler.

an old thread but i was talking to the wagon driver guy today who shipped this car to the body shop! he was telling me all about this car (with the cup spoiler fitted and the carbon bits and did you also need a new seat fitted due to overspray and some new mats or something?)

i saw a raider a few weeks back at sunderland renault and went back to see it today but it was a customers car and not for sale. it was literally being loaded onto a flatbed when i turned up - it had just had a bare metal respray which the customer rejected so was going back to the paint shop again.

im super anal about my car but the imperfections she is rejecting the car over were tiny considering the work it had done!

obviously the car wasnt for sale but i had a good crack with the wagon driver who was transporting the car away - he said he has transported a few of these now due to paint defects.

i fancy another clio for a track car but think i will go for a basic cup with recaros or maybe a silverstone edition instead

an old thread but i was talking to the wagon driver guy today who shipped this car to the body shop! he was telling me all about this car (with the cup spoiler fitted and the carbon bits and did you also need a new seat fitted due to overspray and some new mats or something?)

i saw a raider a few weeks back at sunderland renault and went back to see it today but it was a customers car and not for sale. it was literally being loaded onto a flatbed when i turned up - it had just had a bare metal respray which the customer rejected so was going back to the paint shop again.

im super anal about my car but the imperfections she is rejecting the car over were tiny considering the work it had done!

obviously the car wasnt for sale but i had a good crack with the wagon driver who was transporting the car away - he said he has transported a few of these now due to paint defects.

i fancy another clio for a track car but think i will go for a basic cup with recaros or maybe a silverstone edition instead

The rear of the seat had either over spray on it or was the material they was using. The mats had a defect in them which was nothing to do with the body shop, they was just exchanging them for me whilst it was there.

I had no initial problems with mine, it was just the area that had been damaged in transit and was tried to be covered up somewhere along transportation. With me being a detailer, i spotted it whilst i was prepping it on site. The only way for me to accept this car was to turn it from a localized repair to a full respray. Had to do my research on the body shop which was CAT.

I was in contact with the person who owned the red raider and that particular car went to CAT in Sunderland due to a few unfinished edges from factory. The first visit to refinish these areas turned out very poor and hadn't followed correct procedures. It was sent back for a second time for a full body respray from metal and resulted in the whole car having a sheen as apposed to a matt finish.

The owner clearly had enough of having problems so he decided to part ex it for a normal 200. The Raider ended up going to where i had mine done at the other import center and turned out perfect as mine did. It was still rejected when it came back as the new deal had already been made.

From me personally, i know of a few other owners who have had problems due to not following the correct procedures of looking after the car which are only minor to start with. There are limited products you can use on the Raider to comply with warranty. These are easy cars to look after at the end of the day. If you are somebody who gets scratches regular, then this car isn't for you unless your not bothered. Wax it every 4 months as you would with any other car. The only negatives with matt painted cars is that you cant polish them, you have to resort to using dedicated cleaners instead. Costs the same as an average enthusiast treating a lacquered car.

such a lush looking car, i nearly brought the red version which was number 002 in croydon i believe its still for sale now

Sorry a little late but managed to get a few pics as i washed her this morning as well as painting a few bits and bobs.................

Freshly painted was the ends of the spoiler in matt smoke grey, the more coats you put on then the darker it went so i was happy with the result.

8438561042_ff9cc177d6.jpg

Mirror caps to matt black

8438560402_eec49acf83.jpg

Wheels that have been nearly done for 10 months now

8438560832_6c07a5a607.jpg

Steering wheel insert in matt black and custom Akrapovic sticker on the glove box strip.

8437477705_7722fa9db4.jpg

Recent install was JL Audio sub and amp to standard head unit. Brilliant set up and punches way above its weight for the size

8438559938_a1e1d61013.jpg

Gloss parts of the front bumper painted in matt black with custom sticker on the blade

8438560604_0723c177f3.jpg

Front shot

8437477475_73d21dd0fd.jpg

and finally a couple of rear shots

8438561328_5ff9fbfa79.jpg

8438560184_1fb60a4811.jpg

Next i will be doing the diamonds, badges, bullets and possibly door handles in either smoke grey or black but i cant decide??

Last edited:
Cheers for this Lew!

Yum Yum Yum Yum :smile:

I like what you did with the spoiler. Have you thought about smoothing the end plates off and then maybe do them the same colour. Would make it all blend together real nice! Kinda like mine?

Anyways, looks awesome, glad your happy with the outcome!

304327_10151286714266147_1442655923_n_zps194791eb.jpg

602647_10151286711261147_1668154176_n_zpsf5b52679.jpg