Raider repainted & now with cup spoiler

After nearly 8 months, i can now finally say that my car is finally done!!! :thumbup1: Due to a few paint defects and a panel that was damaged in transit, a decision had to be made in order for it to have a full respray as painting the damaged areas didn't go to plan and i was just to fussy about the finish 1st time round. I didn't want to send the car back either so i was a very big decision that could put a lot at risk for myself and future ownership. It has took almost 8 weeks to carry out the work with just under 50 hours put in having to take off every panel that needed spraying back from bare metal.

Whilst the car was being repainted, i requested for a price to add a cup spoiler and a new tailgate in order for it to go on. I missed my cup spoiler on my old 200 and it was a rare opportunity to get one added on due to the expense it would cost as a full respray would be needed to make everything a perfect match. The cost came back quite steep as expected but gave me even more of a decision to do it as it would be one very unique raider so i gave it the go ahead.
I was kindly given 2 weeks to give it a few washes and go over every inch of the car to ensure it was perfect which i have never believed to be possible (detailers habit) but was very very surprised with the result. The car is perfect with no paint flaws, any sheen or even any minor defects anywhere to be seen. Even the cup spoiler looks brilliant with no a single paint nib in sight. I am completely overwhelmed with the result. If there was any other better way to describe the finish then that would be it.

I would like to thank David Mullins who is a senior manager at RUK for getting involved in this case nearly half way through as it was proving to be taking too much time for things to materialize. He has constantly kept me updated throughout every step of the process, even on his days off from work and especially when he has just had a bereavement in his family which i wouldn't expect from no individual as we all know what pains one can go through. My condolences go out to him and all of his family through this very sad time. I feel like i have gained a genuine friend throughout my experience even though we have never met but i sure hope we do in the near future :wink:

I would also like to thank Jeremy Townsend who is known by many over on the renault sport forum for his efforts put in on this case alongside a select few of high profiled managers at RUK to ensure all decisions that were made were thought through thoroughly and i do hope i will get to meet you some time in the near future with upcoming events etc.

Thank you to CAT in Newcastle who have undertook the fabulous work on my car and if you guys were ever open to the general public as a business, you would surely be widely known in no time :thumbsup:

I have managed to get a few pics today whilst at work through this bad weather and had the time to give it a wash. I will try and get a few more up during this week for those that are interested ;/

8167567946_61506efa69.jpg

8167536955_563e5e04c3.jpg

8167536631_e8ac151c47.jpg

8167566844_2410089b93.jpg

Last edited:
Looks brilliant, fair play to all involved at RUK. I've dealt with Jeremy in the past and he couldn't do enough to help me.

Glad everything got sorted. :thumbsup:

Considering you went totally against the paints care instructions RUK could have washed there hands of this without a seconds thought......

Great to see you got it sorted to your satisfaction and a big thumbs up to RUK for not walking away from it.

No jet ways, no polish and no wax. Just soap and water. If I remember right Lew used the Swissvax opaque kit which is designed for this finish and with a little e more insight into the product I imagine RUK would OK it.

It seems you have had a little more success than me on this this side of things. After two visits to Renault I am left with a curbed wheel and half my car in need of a respray.

The car looks spot on!

Out of interest Lew, do you work at MB in Whitefield? The photos look very much like the back of the showroom there.

Considering you went totally against the paints care instructions RUK could have washed there hands of this without a seconds thought......

Great to see you got it sorted to your satisfaction and a big thumbs up to RUK for not walking away from it.

Due to the wax being specifically made for the car finish by a well known manufacturer, this was a major strong point as the wax contains no colourings etc and is a fast degradable product with a short lifespan of roughly 2 months. If it would have been a sealant product (that i know another raider has been applied with and the paint was ruined) then i would have been footed with the bill as the other owner was.

I had the choice to walk away from the car when the defects were first spotted and it was a big decision for me to make but im glad i went through it all.

No jet ways, no polish and no wax. Just soap and water. If I remember right Lew used the Swissvax opaque kit which is designed for this finish and with a little e more insight into the product I imagine RUK would OK it.

It seems you have had a little more success than me on this this side of things. After two visits to Renault I am left with a curbed wheel and half my car in need of a respray.

The car looks spot on!

If i remember rightly, did you originally have a problem with the light and the paint on the bumper??

Hahahaha!!! :wink:

I used to go there often at my old work (B&M Waste), used to pick up your commercial bins!!!

You'll have to get down to one of the NW meets, we try and hold one every month and the next one wil be Karting in Trafford Park. :smile: