Racing Blue R27 392/500 - 24/04/15 Polished up/Recaro bases changed over

dan where you fitting them? if you want to use a ramp give us a pm and ill sign you in at wittering to use workshop

dan where you fitting them? if you want to use a ramp give us a pm and ill sign you in at wittering to use workshop

Hey dude thanks so much for the offer but I have a mate booked in to sort stuff out with me tomorrow!

Thanks though dude really appreciate it! Will get some pics up when they are all done hopefully will go smooth! I'm more worried about supporting the subframe at the front tbh! Sure it can't be that hard though tbh!

Hello!

As many of you will know I have been waiting on the ultra racing front upper, front lower, rear upper and rear arb!

Had these through on Friday just gone after a wait of about 4 weeks for them to be delivered!

First of all I did the front upper brace. This was easy enough to fit and not too stressful after all the gubbins were moved out the way.

c295ff32.jpg

4c8f9261.jpg

bace2be6.jpg

Next up was the rear upper and I have to say construction wise and quality of welding on all these products is very good indeed but this is my favourite :wink:

IMG_2130-1.jpg

The rear brace was also easy enough to fit after I ha worked out which bits to line up first and proceeded to cut my car in half as shown in the following photo....

IMG_2127-1.jpg

Next up was the front lower and of all the parts this was the one I was most nervous about as it is important that you support the lower subframe when taking out the four bolts in order to mount this brace. The stands went under and pressure was applied. Sure enough the bolts came out and the black plate fell off. All put back together with brace on and it looks like this under the car now...

858ef773.jpg

And last but not least the rear arb. This was by a mile the easiest part to fit. It literally just bolts on. This arb has made the biggest difference I can feel. There is hardly any body roll at the rear now and noticeable improvement whilst cornering. You can definitely push harder round corners.

With all these fitted the Clio feels more ready than ever going into and through corners. You can drive it with even more confidence than before and that was confident enough let's be fair! Fitting these has made both the front end and especially the rear end feel sharpened up even further. The result is more grip and that's no bad problem as we know :wink:

The rear arb from below the car looks like this... I've tryed to get a good photo of the mounting as it has been suggested in the past they look flimsy....I can assure you all this is NOT the case.

IMG_2136-1.jpg

IMG_2137-1.jpg

Hopefully can be seen that there is a good platform for mounting on the arb. It's also got a welded on support plate between the two mounting points at either end.

The rear arb is noticeably heavier than than the other braces. Im assuming that's made of much more heavy duty metals. The other braces are not too heavy tbh. Despite them looking big and bulky they don't weigh the earth. Lightweight and very strong.

The fit on them all is very good and you get the required hardware to mount them included.

Over all very happy with the result. Car just feels sharp as a knife whilst cornering! Obviously coupled with these mods and the KW's this in my opinion was only ever going go be a great result. I'd recommend them to anyone who is looking for a more racey and sharper feel in the bends. Confidence and control is key!!

Tnx for the feedback.

I'm still thinking about getting the rear ARB too to pair with the front Clio Cup Racer ARB, front/rear UR strut bars.

Tnx for the feedback.

I'm still thinking about getting the rear ARB too to pair with the front Clio Cup Racer ARB, front/rear UR strut bars.

:thumbup: nothing more needs saying!

Haha thanks guys!

Turn in through corners on the car now is really well improved!! Just darts in nicely now. Its to the point where i am already considering more sticky tyres than my contis. Thing is i do alot of miles in it which is both good and bad as it means i get alot of enjoyment out of driving it but i still get to watch the clock go up :worried:.

I guess it does have a new engine in it. Thats only on about 3k now :cloud9:

Some more photos below of the under car bars. Tryed to get closer to the mountings on the rear for you all to see.

dd68735f.jpg

61f8df38.jpg

698889f8.jpg

54746987.jpg

Thats all for now.

Thinking the next upgrade will be the cup racer front arb. Just seems to make sense to me :wink:

Wooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions???

Chars!

Is it just me, or we (197's) don't have the rear ARB in the place (or at all?) where the UR is?

I have looked underneath the Clio today and couldn't see the OEM ARB.

The rear beam is effectively the rear ARB on the standard car :smile:

That's what I was thinking...and why then go for the UR one? The rear beam should be stiff enough. :wink:

BTW: Too late, already ordered one together with the rear strut. :smiley:

Just revisited this thread and I have a damp patch.. Some excellent mods and a mean looking motor.

I def have to go lower now :thumbup:

That's what I was thinking...and why then go for the UR one? The rear beam should be stiff enough. :wink:

BTW: Too late, already ordered one together with the rear strut. :smiley:

Haha! Well done raptor! I dont think you will be disappointed :wink:

Nice dan..very nice feedback too.
Hmm im toying with front cup arb n the rear arb for the 200 now.

Yes I don't blame you I will end up getting the cup arb at some point soon I'd imagine :wink:

need a good clean under there :wink:

was it easy remove the wipers & cover off??

The underside of diffuser is slightly dirty yes :wink:

Easy to remove wipers yes. Just remove the bolt cover. Undo bolt. Soak with some wd40 and remove when soaked in. Mine came off without much hassle tbh although I was dubious how hard it would be!

Just revisited this thread and I have a damp patch.. Some excellent mods and a mean looking motor.

I def have to go lower now :thumbup:

Thanks dude! There's always room for a bit lower :wink: need to get some more whole car photos up soon!

Loving all the Brace's dude!! Tempted to get some!! Do you have the link for them??

Thanks dude! Haven't got the link I just rung up and ordered by phone.

Hello!

Spent the day doing some bits...

IMG_2212.jpg

Also made sure that all the ultra racing under car parts were still nice and tight and they were!

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2245.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

Car is driving superbly at the moment! I dont know what the next mod will be.

Part of me is starting to like the OZ wheels. The Ultras that N0ddie has with that offset and tyre stretch just seem to fit the bill perfectly :wink:

Also dont mind the sound of the new package Ktec racing have came up with for a set of cams, fitting and mapping for about £1370 notes i think it was. But then do i really need more power.

Can see my self uprating brake pads further to carbone lorraine in the not too distant future and probably some kind of motul brake fluid. I already have braided hoses fitted but the fluid we used at the time was just normal bog standard 5.1 and i fancy something more awesome :wink:

One thing i will definitely be getting involved with is the cup racer front arb should compliment the chassis even further on top of the four UR braces/arb.

Also need a new headunit so i can fit the Pioneer Renault fitment components ive had sitting about for ages. Have been looking at the Alpine ida-x305s. Seems to be pretty much the best one for under £300. Does everything, sounds amazing blah blah :wink:

Also been mulling over the idea of taking the Recaros out and getting some beasty fixed back bucket seats to get me lower to the ground whilst driving the car. Love that feeling!!!

Whatever happens it isnt going to be cheap thats for sure :worried:

Will keep posted!!!

Great thread, ive just got my racing blue 197 and yours is a true inspiration, il keep reading :smile: oh and how low is your car now?

Matt