Racing Blue 200 cup

see they do a introduction day to track driving, is it worth doing or a waste of cash?

I didnt do it but without some sort of tuition you'll find it difficult to get into the groove. Most of the guys that o these events are very good and quickly agitated if you aint driving fast. It also helps your confidence.

I got tuition at the VXR power event up there last month. Basically vauxhall supplied 40 VXRs and race drivers and you gotta drive them all and the drivers advised you on what to do, lines to take, gears to be in etc. Was really good.

I think Mark_1873 done the Knockhill tuition course, he said it was very good. Even if you dont wanna take your car round, pop along next time I go up and can take you for a spin.

I thought about the introduction and thought it would be a waste of money, instead i did a trackscotland evening which was 60 pounds and then booked tuition with a lad called Hamish for 30 pounds. Well worth it.

ill just book it, tbh where i stay knockhill wll prob be the only track ill drive on. might as well learn it. Too bad knockhill isnt in Forza :huh:

Booked Aug 3rd, should be fun.

309f1173.jpg

250 miles in and I love it. Don't miss the integra at all.

Will get some proper pics up when the new charger for my camera eventually arrives.

Yup, up at the Braes off Gleniffer Road.

I heard about it before but had never been. Some nice roads nearby.

longest straight road in scotland is just next to that, lots of bunches of flowers along the side of it and a cross road means its deadly.

"Car park in the sky" where your photo is taken, isn't that famous for doggin' :rofl:

Think I must have driven down that road last night then. If its the one I'm thinking then its quite bumpy as well so not ideal if too much speed is involved.

Yeah my girlfriends friend was saying thats supposed to be known for dogging. There were some dodgy looking characters around even at 6pm!

Decided its time for a little review/comparison with the integra...

Well i'm 300 miles in now and I love it.

As far as running in goes, I've been making sure its up to temp before driving it like its meant to be driven. I've been avoiding driving along at constant revs in any gear though as my research indicated that was best avoided but I've certainly heard the change up beep on a few occasions :wink:

The seating position is higher than the my old integra DC2 but I can't say I really miss the DC2. The Recaros in the clio are excellent. The interior isn't anything spectacular but its functional and thats all I need. Its great having finger tip controls for the radio, it also comes with an Aux input as standard, which is nice.

In terms of performance, its very similar to the integra but thats not all that surprising considering they have similar engine sizes and power outputs. It picks up more quickly than the DC2 and the linear power delivery is nice and perhaps a little easier to live than VTEC but not quite as exciting.

It handles well, almost like its on rails. It feels slightly easier to push into understeer than the integra but only just and you have to be pushing it quite hard. The tail also feels livelier in the clio but not dangerously so. Its been great fun to drive so far and feels well put together. It sounds better than I was expecting it to on the inside. Yet to hear what its like from outside the car though.

Overall I'm very happy with my decision and I'm looking forward to driving some fun roads in the West of Scotland over the next couple of days and taking some more pics to stick in here.

Last edited:
Found a bit of a problem on the way to mountain biking at Carron Valley...

ebaf1867.jpg
9a9b5ab3.jpg
0ec6171f.jpg

Luckily my friend had his work van with him and wasn't afraid to drive through it!

Thanks.

Yeah my friend came along a few mins behind in his work transit so I just stuck my gear in it, parked the clio and drove through it in the van. I'm glad he hadn't already been through!

great picture that. u should have parked in it. it would have looked even more intense lol