RAC man made me look silly

So, I left the mrs house this morning, got in my 197 and pushed start button..... And engine didn't start!! So left it a few mins, had another go and still nothing. So rang my dad lol he come over and we checked engine...... Everything seemed fine. So rang rac n he came out... Eventually. And gets in car and it starts sweet as a nut. He turns it on and off a few times and it's fine.
However he said the cause was most probs the crank sensor? Said it was a common fault with all renaults? Anyone had this issue before?
My cars still under warranty so shall get it sorted soon.
Cheers

was on 172/182 not that common on 197

was the engine turning over? if it was then yes it could be but theres been more on here about faulty fuel pumps then tdc sensors but the sensor is by far the cheapest to change...

Sods law

If my phone was in the same pocket as my key it sometimes wouldn't work. Also put it in the slot for a drive as I think that charges it.

Happend again this morning guys! :worried: tried putting fob in the slot, even tried my spare one, tried it with steering lock on and off... so rang garage as shes still under warranty.

Happend again this morning guys! :worried: tried putting fob in the slot, even tried my spare one, tried it with steering lock on and off... so rang garage as shes still under warranty.

does the steering unlock itself?

Could be fuel pump mate, they're seeming fairly common. Mine went pop on a drive before. Had it changed under warranty. If I were you I'd send her back to the stealers. If your curios then lift your rear seats under there you will find a hole for checking the fuel pump. Check the voltage and/or have a listen when you try and start the engine.

just checked the fuel pump mate, quite helpful that Craig_B is here so we could cross match the sounds... they both sounded the same. Thanks for helping though:thumbsup: