R26 wheels on the 197 / R27

Hi! just bought a set of mint R26 wheels, anthracite with awesome rubbers on it, 225/40/18 michelin pilot sport CUP!!!!!!! - will be delivered tomorrow, my car is on standard suspension though and I am not sure if it would look any good....... does anybody have a pic of a standard clio on 18s or a R27 on 18s , as it may be what I would want to get, a R27/CUP spring and follow by new R27/CUP shocks at some point in the future, really not very keen on using eibachs or h&r spring as they might be too low and putting too much stress on an already 35k miles shocks I have, whereas the cup spring may be less harmful I guess, oh and the coilies are not an option because it doesnt rain cash where I live, thanks for any help!

Will be interesting to see - I know Sean on here has them on his R27, but it's lowered slightly on Eibachs...

If anyone else is interested in some R26 wheels, I may be selling mine shortly to help fund some R26R wheels for my Meg

Are these the ones on ebay? I have considered buying some of these, it will look a little better with bigger rims on IMO. I can see what you are saying about getting a bit lower to complete the look but from what has been said if you have the standard suspension you will be alright to get lowering springs, apparently they go together better than lowering springs with cup dampers! Plus it will look great...

Good little purchase there matey :thumbup:

The actual circumference of the wheels is the same as the tyres are a lower profile I believe, but they do leave the car looking like it needs lowering... IMO

This is mine with R26 wheels before it was lowered (no spacers either) and with the exact tyres you mentioned. Badly in need of some tyres shine I know but i just did a quick swap with my mates R26 to check them out before ordering a set.

4089670608_2bcac930d5_b.jpg

that looks so great !!!!!!!!!!

dont like the drop they get with the eibachs, but the cup suspension with the R26 wheels is the look I want, anybody got cup springs to sell ????

that looks so great !!!!!!!!!!

dont like the drop they get with the eibachs, but the cup suspension with the R26 wheels is the look I want, anybody got cup springs to sell ????

Mine are still sat in the garage, PM me an offer. Where abouts are you?

not the best pics but you get the idea.. look fine i think on a r27

Attachments

• Clio R27 002.jpg
    Clio R27 002.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Clio R27 007.jpg
    Clio R27 007.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 60
Here are some photos of mine with r26 wheels and michelin pilot ps2 tyres in a 225/35/18 and the car is on standard r27 suspension

rg1.jpg
rg3.jpg
regards

rich

Last edited:
Are these the ones on ebay? I have considered buying some of these, it will look a little better with bigger rims on IMO. I can see what you are saying about getting a bit lower to complete the look but from what has been said if you have the standard suspension you will be alright to get lowering springs, apparently they go together better than lowering springs with cup dampers! Plus it will look great...

Good little purchase there matey :thumbup:

I have bought them privately from a guy who used to do trackdays in his 230, but sold it and the track wheels were left in the garage, anyway this is just so exiciting, this is the very mod I have been thinking of from the very beginning of me owning the 197, its a Deep Black and anthracite wheels..... thanks for posting the exact combo guys ! :smile: I just cant wait till tomorrow, oh and the tyre itself...... couldnt be better !!! this is a michelin's equivalent to R888, just an amazing tyre, just a shame it doesnt last long, well should last long enough for me to get some nice pics of it :smile: I hope...

Oh and how come the standard shock work better with eibachs than the cup shocks???