R200 FTW - Liquid Yellow Beauty

Well I thought after 11 months ownership, it was about time I made one of these to keep a record of what I do over the years. I was seriously considering selling her to make myself a little better off but I've decided that I'm gonna go with my original plan and keep this car for as long as possible (Life hopefully as I've always wanted to have a car from new).

Anyway it all started out when I was looking at 197's to replace my 2nd Saxo VTR but after looking at a Clio 200 in the dealership at Mansfield and finding out that the insurance was surprisingly cheap considering I was 19 at the time.

I went to a couple of dealers to see what type of deal I could get on a Full Fat Clio 200 in Liquid Yellow with Cup Chassis and Recaro's. I wasn't bothered about any of the other luxuries as it wasn't going to be an everyday car as I currently do 60,000miles a year in the works van.

Anyway I got her ordered at the end of May and by the 27th June, she had arrived :smiley:
IMG_0154.jpgIMG_0153.jpgIMG_0152.jpgIMG_0151.jpgIMG_0156.jpgIMG_0158.jpg

Last edited:
First Job was for me to enjoy driving my new little beast around so by the end of the first week she was on 750 miles so plenty of opportunity to get some photos of her, unfortunately I wasn't allowed to wash her for the first week to allow the Sutherby's paint protection system to cure properly.

IMG_0176.jpgIMG_0165.jpgIMG_0178.jpgIMG_0185.jpgIMG_0201.jpgIMG_0207.jpg

As you can tell this will be a bit of a slow progress blog but hoping to get a bit more progress now that I've decided to keep the motor.

I ordered some silicon induction hoses from 'exon' a few months back which I've managed to get all fitted barring the coolant tank hose which I'll try get done before FCS.

SDC12641.jpg
SDC12640.jpg
SDC12639.jpg
SDC12638.jpg
SDC12637.jpg

These hose's are brilliant and have made the car sound really throaty throughout the rev range so was worth the money just for the removal of the sound resonator box :smile:

Gave her a good Clean and Wax a couple of days ago which have made her absolutely look even more gorgeous in the blazing sun we've been having :smile:

IMG_0453.jpgIMG_0454.jpgIMG_0456.jpgIMG_0459.jpgIMG_0460.jpgIMG_0463.jpgIMG_0464.jpgIMG_0475.jpgIMG_0477.jpgIMG_0478.jpg

My current plans for my baby are:

Tint the Rear Windows
Clio200.net stickers
Spray the F1 Splitter on the front bumper in Liquid Yellow
Projector Headlamps
Heko Wind Deflectors
Stainless Steel Exhaust (Possibly K-Tec or Akropovic Evolution)
New Panel Filter (K&N, ITG etc.)
Possibly Wrap the Roof
Renaultsport Gear Knob

There's probably more but thats all I can think of at the moment :smile:

Also just ordered myself a Private Plate so hopefully in a few weeks time she'll be rocking her new plates. Just gotta decide if I'm sticking with the Euro GB Plates or maybe some Pressed ones - Opinions?

Thanks guys for the comments, next update will be when my private plate is registered to the car. Related to the car so should make her look sweet :smile:

I'm not sure about the Clio Badge to be honest, I quite like it.
May have the Renault Diamonds wrapped in Gloss Carbon Fibre.

Today I've decided to tackle the pedals as since it was delivered they have always looked dull and discoloured such as below:

IMG_0483.jpgIMG_0484.jpgIMG_0485.jpg

To tackle this issue, I got my Meguiars Metal Polish on the job and some Autoglym SRP to finish the effect off. Unfortunately I've not been able to get rid of some of the more in-grained staining/pitting by hand. However I've decided to get myself a dremel with some polishing heads soon so I can get them finished off and looking 100%. However for now please enjoy some pictures of my hard work :smile:

IMG_0489.jpgIMG_0488.jpgIMG_0487.jpgIMG_0493.jpgIMG_0490.jpg

Also just had my Certificate of Entitlement through for my private reg and also just order my new pressed plates to go with so hopefully by the end of next week, she'll be rocking her new name and plates :smile:

Haha I managed to give it a hoover out after doing the pedals so a lot better now and yes Adrian, I'm gonna keep it now as its not worth selling it :smile:

So about 2 weeks ago, I decided to treat myself to a private plate before I move into my new home. So I searched and found myself a suitable reg at a great price off the DVLA Website. A few days later it arrived and I set about getting it transferred onto my motor, for some reason I thought it would take a couple of weeks to sort and not straight away so ended taking the car off the road for a week whilst I've been waiting for my Pressed Reg Plates to arrive.

Anyway after missing FCS, I set about getting her all cleaned up and her new plates on:

IMG_0531.jpg
IMG_0530.jpg
IMG_0529.jpg
IMG_0528.jpg
IMG_0527.jpg
IMG_0532.jpg

I have came up with some new plans for the car and am off to get a quote tomorrow for one of my ideas so hopefully 'watch this space' :w00t:

Similar Thread Suggestions