Question about recaro seats

Jason1987

Gold Member
My recaro seat is starting to wear on drivers seat, first question is are there places that can repair them or can I swap the seats over so wear goes in the middle?

Thanks for your help

Yes I do believe that people swap them over.

Yes people do get them repaired/retrimmed. Plenty of threads about it.

We do have a trader that does retrimming, edge automotive.

Mine is also really starting to look bad. I took it to Car upholstery and they charged me in my country R6500. Went to normal upholstery and got charged R700.

Now the trick is, how do they do it without triggering the airbag ? Any tips on that. I would much rather pay R700 per seat.

Thanks

Mine is also really starting to look bad. I took it to Car upholstery and they charged me in my country R6500. Went to normal upholstery and got charged R700.

Now the trick is, how do they do it without triggering the airbag ? Any tips on that. I would much rather pay R700 per seat.

Thanks

Why would the airbag be a risk

There are four bolts under the seats which hold the seat base in. You should be able to take both seat bases out and swap them over. This will solve the height adjuster on wrong seat etc. It is not possible to swap the seats over as the seat belt will be on the wrong side.