pu11y's Nimbus 197

Update:

Removed upper boot trim, unbolted the rear wiper arm and drilled out the rivets holding the rear wiper motor to the boot lid. The wiper arm was seized so it was sawed of with a junior hacksaw. Refitted the boot trim and temporally duct taped the hole before I can get a plastic grommet ASAP.

459cfce2-9fe6-408f-a999-56c63d1d5bb6_zps1ujoumyz.jpg

90acc046-e627-4a45-8082-9e0339b95011_zpssuzcehpx.jpg

13689f24-1b16-4cd1-9789-ea3aa4189900_zpsyiqrkxii.jpg

616f2af0-b334-4489-b326-4b3f944c9521_zpshqrwlhj6.jpg

Only just seen this mate.

I did dig her out for a play. All I can say is holy ****, ended up doing a 180 on some ice. Fortunately I was on an empty duel carriageway so no embarrassment and luckily nothing to hit.

:smile:

No worries. Haha, you're a brave man, but bet that shat you up! Glad you didn't have a collision.

Still waiting on a PM mate?

what do u think of the sprint booster?

A worthy mod. I keep it on green and forget about it, however, when you switch it off you realise how poor the throttle response is as standard. Red mode is pretty full on; fun to switch on when your out for a blast, and nice to switch back in traffic or when manoeuvring. @Chris197F1 on here sells them I think, or they sometimes pop up second hand. They are pricey though, and although they get slated on other forums, I think they do wonders for the clio.

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showth...-a-sprintbooster-gen2&highlight=spint+booster

Nice car man! liking the black badges, I have some on the way too. How's the ITG intake?

Cheers, they work well with the nimbus paint I think. I want some gloss black alloys, wing mirrors, diffuser and maybe the roof to match. The ITG's a beast, the roar it adds is immense! Not sure on any power gains, especially as I have it behind the battery with no cold air feed. Again, I think @smoggy mark on here sells them.

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?38187-New-Maxogen-courtesy-of-Smoggy-Mark-Fred-BTM

Cheers, they work well with the nimbus paint I think. I want some gloss black alloys, wing mirrors, diffuser and maybe the roof to match. The ITG's a beast, the roar it adds is immense! Not sure on any power gains, especially as I have it behind the battery with no cold air feed. Again, I think @smoggy mark on here sells them.

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?38187-New-Maxogen-courtesy-of-Smoggy-Mark-Fred-BTM

Very nice man! I'm more of a satin black kinda guy ahaa. Probably end up spraying the badges I just bought :L

Update:

Removed upper boot trim, unbolted the rear wiper arm and drilled out the rivets holding the rear wiper motor to the boot lid. The wiper arm was seized so it was sawed of with a junior hacksaw. Refitted the boot trim and temporally duct taped the hole before I can get a plastic grommet ASAP.

What's the weight saving? :wink:

I know, that's why the smiley at the end of the sentence is for. :wink:

Mine (full trim) vs my friends at the street race (no trim).

34fjhw1.jpg

And the difference in weight was - I almost got my face punched with the bonnet. :smiley:

Would anyone be willing to wrap a grommet for me if posted It to you? Black or carbon effect would be great. Will return the favour of I get the chance? Or does anyone have a small amount of wrap they send me? Cheers in advance.

Fitted the ScanGuage properly finally. Still couldn't get the steering wheel controls working though!

51ce2c48-dbf5-48ce-b9c8-3a3de22d7e4e_zpsc4m9hfax.jpg

86e2411f-8374-42b0-affd-2fa5664380fa_zpsfn0aoiz5.jpg

Cleaning the air filter, installing the decat pipe and de-tangoing the front indicators tomorrow. Installing the decat with no jack or axle stands is gonna hurt...

Couple of garages reused to fit it, one wanted me to sign a waiver lol. Despite it having a pre-cat! Guess I'll fit it myself, once of borrow some axle stands.