Project SPUD!

Well Its hard to believe i am coming up to a year of ownership on my 197. I have been working away at it over the year but never really posted about it.

I'mnot going to lie, I never ever thought I would own a french car. I was always a jap man and just never saw the attraction. Then all of a sudden I decided to go buy my 197 after I sold my diesel a3. I suppose with finally finishing college and having a decent income was helpful.

8679246588_b2021765f2_b_zps8e291285.jpg

This was when i first bought the car. Only 60kms on the car. First on the list was a timing belt, pump and plugs to be done along with rear tinted windows. While the car was in i also had the center silencer removed. BOOM! Sounds great.

interior-clio_zps07bc775b.jpg

I never really had a route I wanted to go with the car. I was really just enjoying driving it and having fun down the backroads. I did the research and somewhat decided what route to take. At first I wanted the spring spoiler which I ordered from k-tec and after waiting 5 weeks I went for the cup instead(Which Is what started it all I think). Along with the cup spoiler I went for ITG panel filter and H&R springs from larkspeed.

itgphoto4_zps0dc0b47c.jpg

trphoto3_zpsba0408dc.jpg

Of course at this time I also did my first trackday which has resulted in the following: Replacing the drivers seat with a bride seat which i has replaced again with a Bimarco Futura and a sparco harness. I also picked up a set of spare laguna alloys for 100 euro which would suit for trackdays or track tyres.

I also fitted a leon cupra r splitter to the car. I like it but will be changing it soon.

lipphoto5_zps4c8d5898.jpg

seatphoto2_zpsfd041ea3.jpg

The car was then put in the girlfriends garage from october. I had planned on getting alot done but in turn I didn't until I had to drive it again. The car got a full buff from a friend, new omp wheel and boss kit as a christmas present from the girlfriend.

buffphoto3_zpsb9eed7ec.jpg

buffphoto4_zps9a624e04.jpg

photo4_zps53f93d5a.jpg

So now im back driving the car as a daily with the new fixed seat and sprint booster I picked up off the groupbuy on here.

I have more to come over the next few weeks so stay tuned.

tphoto1_zps69a13a28.jpg

Last edited:
Just a quick update.

Just fiitted the new nangkang NSr-2 on the front, replaced the gearbox oil with Redline MTL 75W80 GL-4 and replaced the front pads with the DS2500.

I have never stripped down the brakes so decided to go at it. The rear brake pads were seized in and in need of a very good clean but the sliders and pistons are moving freely which is a good thing.

Next on the list is a trackday in Mondello Park on Paddys day so I can put everything to use.

Here is some incar from last June which is my 2nd trackday with the car and it was really bad day.

http://youtu.be/TyzvIedUlFo

Well had a good and bad weekend.

i was a victim of a 2013 insignia handbrake failure in a carpark and pushed my car through the fence. From and rear bumper and also the crash bar badly done. In the process of sorting that out.

Thankfully the towbar missed my radiator and this didnt stop me with the trackday which was the next day.

Trackady went great. Started the day with a 2:20 which is terrible but got down to 2:13 area. I forgot alot of lines and also how to drive haha.

Here is two videos one incar and one from the outside at different times of the day.

WARNING: High wind noise in first video!

[video=youtube;qILyidMX7dE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qILyidMX7dE&feature=youtu.be[/video]