Project R27R lol

c197mark

Renault Parts Advisor
Platinum Member
Im doing it, im finally going to strip me car lol ive been toying over doin it for a month or 2 now and ive now decided to do it, after sitting in that R26R the other day i fell in love with the civilised stripped interior, so thats the look im going for,
ive started by ordering my roll cage and ive sorted out a nice set of seats and harnesses courtesy of kevo, im going to carpet the whole rear once the rear seats are removed and the cage is in,
i havent got the balls to go for the whole red wheels and red cage look so im guna colour code the cage and keep the wheels black, i know its not R26R with out the red bits but i dont want it to be a complete R26R clio rep,
Also found a viynl company to do me some R26R style graphics with a little twist, so hopefully they look ok just waiting for a price.
so over the next coulpe of months its going to be busy but looking forward to seeing if it looks as good as it does in my head lol :thumbup1:

Good choice mate.

No carbon bonnet or plastic windows though ? You can have the windows with the black surround identical to the OEM ones :wink:

lucky bugger i tell yah if i didnt have an R27 mine would have been done ages ago!

still might be getting the cage tho lol

Good choice mate.

No carbon bonnet or plastic windows though ? You can have the windows with the black surround identical to the OEM ones :wink:

no carbon bonnet unfortunatly if one comes up cheap enuff i may treat meself lol or may get mine wrapped?? ive seen the plastic windows before, i saw the windows on a 172 clio matt has up tdf, wouldnt have a clue where to get them though??:confused1:

PM'd :wink:

You going to strip all the tar off then put the carpet back? I think thats the best option then your getting some more weight saving.

You've got to do the bonnet, even if it is a wrap. R26.R fog blanks fit too, I'll look out the part number for you if you like.

Last edited:
no carbon bonnet unfortunatly if one comes up cheap enuff i may treat meself lol or may get mine wrapped?? ive seen the plastic windows before, i saw the windows on a 172 clio matt has up tdf, wouldnt have a clue where to get them though??:confused1:

I had looked into wrapping my bonnet and I think it comes out at only £90 for a sheet 150x120cm which iirc is more than big enough and you will have enough left for door pillars like mine :thumbup: The bonus with wrapping your bonnet is that you can put the stripes or RS design into it and its the same colour as the car.

PM'd :wink:

You going to strip all the tar off then put the carpet back? I think thats the best option then your getting some more weight saving.

You've got to do the bonnet, even if it is a wrap. R26.R fog blanks fit too, I'll look out the part number for you if you like.

do you work renault too? yea i prob will go with some kind of carbon on the bonnet will just see on funds as i go

yea will prob strip all the tar out mate try an save as much weight as i can as im not going for the completly stripped out look as i still want it to be abit civilised lol

sounds like you got an idea in your head of what you want it to look like without it competing with the R26.R so will be awaiting too see what it turns out like

sounds like you got an idea in your head of what you want it to look like without it competing with the R26.R so will be awaiting too see what it turns out like

yea kind of lol you know whats it like you get an idea its just puttin it in to real life lol

Should be a good "wee" project.

I to would love to do this, however, I dare say the wife would have something to say about ripping the interior out of our new car :lol:

Withoutabix's car is wrapped ask him! Sound good mate, looking forward to the seeing its progress.

I'm tempted to rip up the carpets remove all the sound deadening tar and put them back in after Reading this thread . Great little project keep us updated mate

ordered me cage already its being delivered tomorrow, got one on the oulton park ones

keep in mind that the cabin sound will increase considerably after stripping it. long drives will be very very tiring