Problem with main beam on Clio 4

I decided to upgrade the bulbs on the Clio yesterday as I needed to get a new drivers side main beam bulb anyway as it had blown (which I assumed) but after swapping all the bulbs, dipped and main beam to Philips xtreme vision +130% the drivers side main beam still didn't work so I checked the passenger bulb that I had already taken out that I knew worked and that didn't work in the drivers side. No wires are loose that I can see but there are some white wires in the same area but not in the passenger side which has confused me. I went out last night in the car and had to use my main beam quite often coming home using the country lanes which isn't great with just the passenger side main beam working but then all of a sudden the main beam didn't work at all, not even the blue dash light was coming on. Anybody else had this issue?

Nobody had any problems with the main beam then? I'll just get it booked in with Renault when I get a chance but bet they say they've never heard of the problem before.

The lights on the 200T are dreadful compared to the older Clio's xenons. Every Clio that I've had from a 172 to a V6 have all had xenons, why have Renault gone backwards and not offered them anymore? I haven't seen a vast improvement with the xtreme vision +130% either:thumb1:

is your new bulbs 55w not 100w??

There two reason why no xenons on clio or any Renault small cars anymore.

1. Saving money and for ECO

2. Some Renault cars will have xenons in rest of the Europe but not in UK.

Yes I have. I have a 2013 Clio IV RS which I bought at 14 months old and from when I bought it intermittently the main beam would turn itself off. Actually I would lose all control of the lights - they would stay on but I can't turn them off or switch on the main beam. They would only turn off when I turn the engine off - restarting makes the problem away - for now. I am advised that Renault know of the problem but didn't have a cure for it. Any clues anyone?

Never heard of this it might be the selector stalk if the main beam is staying on.
I decided to upgrade the bulbs on the Clio yesterday as I needed to get a new drivers side main beam bulb anyway as it had blown (which I assumed) but after swapping all the bulbs, dipped and main beam to Philips xtreme vision +130% the drivers side main beam still didn't work so I checked the passenger bulb that I had already taken out that I knew worked and that didn't work in the drivers side. No wires are loose that I can see but there are some white wires in the same area but not in the passenger side which has confused me. I went out last night in the car and had to use my main beam quite often coming home using the country lanes which isn't great with just the passenger side main beam working but then all of a sudden the main beam didn't work at all, not even the blue dash light was coming on. Anybody else had this issue?
This is why I got an F1 with projectors, great little lights. Sounds to me like you have an electrical fault which is not a rare thing on these cars.

Never heard of this it might be the selector stalk if the main beam is staying on.

This is why I got an F1 with projectors, great little lights. Sounds to me like you have an electrical fault which is not a rare thing on these cars.

Envious of the projector lights, still feel like visible distance is about 10m in my car! Shocking visibility in the dark with mine!

I must confess I am a little puzzled by comments that the lights are not very good - I think they are very good and compare well to the current Fiat 500 with the spots in the front bumper. I read a road test before buying my Clio IV RS and they also complimented the lights. Clearly the latest generation of Xenons and LED lights are going to be better but I'm quite happy with mine. Do different models have different lights - am I missing something? And no, I don't eat a lot of carrots.

Not had this problem, but once the left indicator stopped working. Turned the car off and back on and it's hasn't happened again. Let us know when you've been to the dealer what the outcome is.

Well, as you asked for the outcome... The car went in for service the other week and the main beam was reported again. The dealer said that they weren't aware that this was a known fault (a different dealer from where I first reported this) and hadn't come across it before. It had to go back when parts were available and then stay overnight because more parts were required. I never discovered the detail but it was some sort of fault with the left stalk - which has been replaced. Let's see if it stays fixed.