Throttle hang? Clutch problem?

Hi guys,i recently changed my clutch and done the gearbox syncros on my 197..and now when i change gears at a higher rpm..after pressing the clutch my engine will still rev a little bit ..i dont know how to say it but the revs stays up and its annoyng

Does it feel like that the car is still going when you press the clutch for changing gear while you expect the car to stall when pressing the clutch?

If it does, it might be air in the system preventing full uncoupling of the clutch. It feels like there is a delay in uncoupling after pressing the clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something like that,if i go from gear to gear faster at high rpm then car will rev a bit after i already pressed the clutch for changing the gear,tehnicaly when i press the clutch revs dont drop instant they rise a bit or stay there for a second more..sometimes even if i dont change gear and i just rev and let off the gas the engine brake dosent kick in instant..the car stays reved a bit after i let the gas

If it also happens when you’re not operating the clutch, it is then probably not clutch related.

Reactions: Frank Perry
My Clio does that as well but at higher rpm’s. I think to have read here that this is common but not sure how high you need to rev the engine. Maybe others can say something about this.

Hi guys,i recently changed my clutch and done the gearbox syncros on my 197..and now when i change gears at a higher rpm..after pressing the clutch my engine will still rev a little bit ..i dont know how to say it but the revs stays up and its annoyng

sounds like the friction plate isn't fully releasing. were the lines bleed properly? how are gearbox linkages? any obstacle across them

I had this after a new clutch install a few weeks ago, took it back to the garage and they bled the clutch again, it's been fine since

The clutch switch (cruise control) was not working properly; had to lift up the clutch pedal to engage cruise control. This was a left over issue after replacing clutch parts and both slave cylinders.

The entire system was bleeded manually and properly and improved the clutching but final and most surprisingly work helped the most:

Not sure whether it is only in my mind, just luck or magic but after adjusting the switch to work properly, the lagging throttle problem as described just disappeared. Almost looks like the clutch switch is telling the throttle to cut off more quickly through the ECU.

I don’t care actually since the describes annoying issue has finally gone [emoji16]

I can’t say for certain, but I’m pretty sure that it would impact throttle position. It certainly did on an older car of mine when I went to stand-alone management.

I can’t say for certain, but I’m pretty sure that it would impact throttle position. It certainly did on an older car of mine when I went to stand-alone management.

Then our Clio’s might be smarter than we think[emoji3]. It makes sense to close the throttle valve quicker while shifting as opposed to normally letting go of the throttle while driving.

Then, the tip for throttle hang is: focus on properly bleeding the clutch circuit and in case throttle hang remains, check and adjust the clutch switch [emoji16]

Reactions: RSRowe