Potential new owner

Hi everyone, new member here and potential new owner. I've had BMWs, Mercs, VWs, Fords, Porsches, Hondas etc... this could be my first RenaultSport.

Does anyone know this car? I'll be viewing tomorrow...

Clio5_zpsz27abies.jpg

Clio2_zpsjydtwjcq.jpg

Clio3_zpsjqeko65q.jpg

probably not a member on here..never seen this car on the forum...good luck,hope you like it..
there is a buyer's guide here:link

Gorgeous looking car, pay close attention to the buyers guide, helped me out

Fully agree with this. Having test driven quite a few, lots of these cars have problems. The good thing is there are LOTS of them around. My advice would be to know the buyers guide inside out and have a checklist with you to go through so you don't miss anything.

Don't be afraid to walk away from one that isn't quite right or doesn't have the spec you want as there are plenty to pick from. The car looks in great condition but it's very easy to make black look amazing in photos. Personally, I'd definitely be wanting Recaros too.

Good luck with the viewing, they really are fantastic cars.

Fully agree with this. Having test driven quite a few, lots of these cars have problems. The good thing is there are LOTS of them around. My advice would be to know the buyers guide inside out and have a checklist with you to go through so you don't miss anything.

Don't be afraid to walk away from one that isn't quite right or doesn't have the spec you want as there are plenty to pick from. The car looks in great condition but it's very easy to make black look amazing in photos. Personally, I'd definitely be wanting Recaros too.

Good luck with the viewing, they really are fantastic cars.

Nice CSL in your sig... I sold mine at the start of the year

16976483925_78ab368926_k.jpg

Looks a nice example that!!

most importantly 09 plate make sure the belts have been done!!

Welcome me along to the club.

Looks a nice example that!!

most importantly 09 plate make sure the belts have been done!!

Welcome me along to the club.

Belts done, full service history, no crunching gears and the manifold fix is done. Hopefully, everything else checks out.

Thanks for the post.

Good luck with the viewing. It does sound like a nice example, lots of important work done already. Don't see many black 200s! Hopefully the guide will help, but don't hesitate to ask if you have any queries.

it's very easy to make black look amazing in photos

Black looks amazing, period :poke: :wink:

Nice CSL in your sig... I sold mine at the start of the year

Hey mate, you sold your Cecil??? WHY??? Are you mad?
:smile:

Looks nice mate, I like the wheels. Keep thinking about something similar on mine. It's not a CSL however, just a CS, it just has a lot of very nice bits on it, including the Evolve CSL airbox and Alpha N. There isn't much more I want to do to it now, maybe cams, carbon roof and seats (hate the seats) and then I've run out of stuff to do other than going the full lightweight and built engine route...

Good luck with the Clio, they're fantastic fun.

Hey mate, you sold your Cecil??? WHY??? Are you mad?

Had the CSL for 2 1/2 years, used as a daily and did 40,000 miles in her. I replaced her with a standard E46 M3 manual with full leather, sat nav, HK sound etc.

I loved the CSL but at 115,000 miles it was time to let her go.

Update, drove 92 miles, saw the Clio, checked the weak points, paperwork, test drove, did the deal, (part ex my wife's Golf GTi), drove 92 miles back home. Brilliant drive, it's a Full Fat Cup. Love it, bought it for my wife to use. She had a quick drive and is pleased. It will complement my E46 M3 well.

Great stuff, glad to hear it was a good one and you've bought it :smile: they are such fun cars and I'm sure you and your other half will love it!

This is brilliant news mate. Glad it all went well! Your set up is very similar to me, the R27 is for my wife, I just really really like driving it and am trying my best to persuade her to mod it :smiley:

I've managed to get her to agree to me putting a carbon diffuser and projectors on it so it's a start...

And yeah, the ///M is my bit of fun that I'm trying my best to not turn into a stripped out outbox!

Oh and selling the Cecil makes more sense now. Silly to throw miles at it if it's a daily, they're too special for that!

Edited to say I'm very glad you stayed with the E46 rather than "upgrading" to an E9X! :smiley:

am trying my best to persuade her to mod it :smiley:

I've managed to get her to agree to me putting a carbon diffuser and projectors on it so it's a start...
im glad M..so she lets you mod it then?good news :thumbup: