Potential Clio 200 owner

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Olly86, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Olly86

Olly86

F56 Cooper S/Fabia VRS
    Morning all,

So as the title states I'm looking in to getting a Clio 200 as a weekend fast road/track car. Currently drive a F56 Cooper S as a weekend car and a Fabia VRS for daily but the Mini just isn't suited to track driving hence looking at a 200.

Owned two 182's in the past, one a fully fledged track car. The 200 won't be as hardcore (probably) but would go B14's, RC6 pads, solid top mounts, Rarb and AR1/R888/RSR tyres with probably a rear seat delete to start.

I'm not up to speed on the 200 series, anything I need to look out for? Ideally I'll get a Cup with the Speedlines and Recaros with the idea of selling the Recaros for some pole positions or similar.

Olly.

2. Foxspeed

Foxspeed "the new red baron" Moderator

welcome :french:

Olly86 likes this.
  3. nutnutwelshman

nutnutwelshman Spa-tacus Area Rep

Heathrow
    220T TROPHY
    Olly welcome to the Family have a look at the buyers guide bud and its only a fiver to join gives you full access any questions please ask friendly bunch on here

Olly86 and sevenfourate like this.
  4. Jimmy

Jimmy Good cop Administrator

Welcome to the forum Olly! As above, the Buyers Guide covers everything you'll need to know; well worth a read through.

5. sevenfourate

sevenfourate Devotee of OCD Paid Member

Lowestoft, England.
    Racing Blue RS-200
    Great to have you aboard Olly !

Best tip (After reading the buyers guide here) is: Do your research. Followed by do your research and then research some more :smile:

Plenty around - so take your time, test-drive a few and see for yourself.............

GOOD LUCK !

http://www.clio197.net/threads/clio-197-buyers-guide.19788/

Olly86, nutnutwelshman and Jimmy like this.
  6. ///M

///M Gold Member

R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    Welcome. Same as the others, the buyers guide tells you absolutely everything you need to know.

Like the sound of "not hardcore" being solid mounts, rear seats out and proper buckets in. :thumb:

7. Olly86

Olly86

F56 Cooper S/Fabia VRS
    For me that's relatively not hardcore, my last Clio 182 was fully stripped and caged so this'll be luxurious in contrast!

Thanks all for the welcome, I've taken a look at the buyers guide and does Seem to be a lot to look out for!

Out of interest what's the market like for second hand Recaros as mine will be sold on quickly for proper buckets.

Shall be signing up as a paid member soon.

8. ///M

///M Gold Member

R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    :smile: You'll fit in well here!

As for the Recaro resale, prices seem to have dropped a little recently. There's a member on here who has been struggling to sell his even though they're at a very good price and in very good condition. All down to price really. If you want good money for them, it might take a little while.

9. matt9566

matt9566 Paid Member

Barnsley
    Ultra Red R27 #91
    Welcome to the forum!

10. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    welcome along :french:

11. Steve Murr

Steve Murr Site Trader

Welcome

Pm me when you sell the recaros :smile:

12. Steve Murr

Steve Murr Site Trader

( PS they only really sell if there mint )
    Most people dont want any aggro paying out for trimming etc

S