Polish / wax

Anyone recommend certain wax/polish/cleaning products for black rs200? Also what kind of cloths?

she looks rough ATM!

Poorboys black hole does wonders to a black car. Its a glaze, applied after polishing (or instead of but preferably after) and before wax.

Hand polish I think AG SRP is very good!

Wax I can reccomend any dodo product or collinite 476s. Dodo products have oils designed for different coloured cars, ehere as collinite is generic.

Cheers got pourboys 1l, 20 microfibre clothes, autogylm SRP and 476s for £72 delivered from Amazon.

Might be worth getting a clay bar before you polish and wax, I use autoglym clay bar kit, the result will be amazing, paintwork will feel silky smooth too. Time consuming but 100% worth it

Good advice imho ^

Claying is worthwhile. Cleanyourcar.co.uk does clay cloths makes it much faster and easier also, just make sure you lube it up well!

^^ As above, I've found the Farecla G3 clay mitts are a decent option too if you have a Halfords nearby.

Cheers guys everything's on its way to me.

never done this before so can someone kindly provide a breakdown of what goes on first and any tips?

cheers

Can I use these products on the diffuser and front bumper like the rest of the bodywork?

i wouldn't use any of the polish or wax on the plastic trim pieces, they will get a white glaze over it and it's a b***tard to get off.

just a simple shampoo and dry then possibly look for a bumper restorer or trim detailer, it'll make the black trim look nice and fresh

Every trim apart from maybe the pillars and the lower grill are easy to remove and paint though to be fair.