Plastic/Trim . . .

Poorboys Trim Gel and Autoglym Bumper Care - have been my choice for wing mirror trim. Windscreen trim/grilles etc.

Side vents have become very discoloured. Tried using the above products - but doesn't seem to revive them very well.

What do you guys use on your 197/200 for trim protection.

I apply bumper care, and the white polish residue seems to still be there, after the next wash.

Thanks
JAM

Valet Pro Dyonisis is very good at returning colour/wetness to plastic and rubber.

You can use it on tyres too and you can get different effects from it dpeending on how long you let it dwell.

when its got to this stage mate they are wrecked IMO so its either replace or spray them,halfords sell a satin black bumper spray which apparently works a treat,means stripping the parts out to paint though

front grilles are easy to remove - just pull them hardish from the bottom corners near the headlights

the wing vents are ment to be a wing off job...

Last edited:
Valet Pro Dyonisis is very good at returning colour/wetness to plastic and rubber.

You can use it on tyres too and you can get different effects from it dpeending on how long you let it dwell.

true matey but it will eventually wash off so unless your happy to do this every wash then i'd replace or spray,even when you spunk black plastic up it never looks as good as new or resprayed in my eyes

Last edited:
For long term protection of your plastics then you really can't beat G/techniq C4. It's fantastic stuff and one application really will last 12 months.

For shorter term protection Auto Finesse Revive is about the best there is at the moment.

Oh no doubt spraying is the best option for the long term.

If you use a plastic friendly wax though like NaviWax then you can prolong things. I'm 6/7 weeks since the last bath and they're still looking fresh. The one bit of trim that does wear badly is the plastic around the windscreen edges, that doesn't half end up bleached if you don't keep on top of it. Not sure if you'd need to remove the screen to take that out, I really hope not though.

Oh no doubt spraying is the best option for the long term.

If you use a plastic friendly wax though like NaviWax then you can prolong things. I'm 6/7 weeks since the last bath and they're still looking fresh. The one bit of trim that does wear badly is the plastic around the windscreen edges, that doesn't half end up bleached if you don't keep on top of it. Not sure if you'd need to remove the screen to take that out, I really hope not though.

willis your as lazy as me! last time i washed my old girls pits was the day before bedford,grime is a lazy mans shine in my eyes!!!

use an ipa based wipe to clean the plastic.

i use swissvax protection for plastic and seal feed for the rubber.

Not used C4 but i've heard good stuff about it, just make sure you get the lid back on sharpish.

What ever you do, invest in some blue 3m tape to cover the trim before waxing.

I use Aerospace 303 and its great stuff.

As mentioned though, once plastic trim gets to a particular fade then the only option is spraying really.

We stock Dodo Juice Fantastic Plastic, which is an excellent spray trim dressing. It also has sealant properties, so its durability is particularly good.

It's very easy to use and leaves a brilliant finish. As ever, we offer free delivery and 5% discount to forum members.

willis your as lazy as me! last time i washed my old girls pits was the day before bedford,grime is a lazy mans shine in my eyes!!!

Snap! I think thats the last time mine got a wash too, its minging at the moment! I've got 6hour round drip down south in this crappy weather at the weekend so theres bugger all chance mines getting done soon lol

I think I'll be splashing out on some of that C4 stuff ready for winter prep though.

She had one of her two yearly details (Sep' and March) just before How Fast, in fact about two days before hahaha!!! Not so much as had a sniff of SnowFoam since then, but she did get a healthy couple of coats of wax anyway which is holding up very well and really impressing me (NaviWax), so all the sh!te should come off nice and easily.

Thats what's annoying me, my last wax was.... erm.... some DoDo juice crap I was trialing before FCS and its all but gone now. Mine will be a couple of coats of Collinite soon which is hard as sh*t for the winter months. Hopefully getting the workshop cleared in the next couple of weeks, right now I can barely move. Once everything's out the way I'll have room for 5cars let alone the Clio lol!

CleanYourCar are out of C4 so I've requested email when its back in stock :smile: