piper exhaust

could someone tell me what each of these pipes are. and performace wise which is best to go for.

piper-1.jpg
[/IMG]

1. sports car
2. de-cat

but whats the 3 and 4?

Decat just drops the Cat itself, a "straight through" drops the mid silencer.

Doing that can help flow at the top end (for tracking and racing) but can also seriously start to affect back pressure and therefore low end performance, and ultimately make daily driving a bit of a chore.

It will also be conciderably louder, and probably get you some attention from the boys in blue.

Ive ran N/A cars before in such a way, and my personal preference is to decat (or sport cat at the least), but keep a mid box, even a small one is better than non at all.

Decat just drops the Cat itself, a "straight through" drops the mid silencer.

Doing that can help flow at the top end (for tracking and racing) but can also seriously start to affect back pressure and therefore low end performance, and ultimately make daily driving a bit of a chore.

It will also be conciderably louder, and probably get you some attention from the boys in blue.

Ive ran N/A cars before in such a way, and my personal preference is to decat (or sport cat at the least), but keep a mid box, even a small one is better than non at all.

im slowly learnin i think. ;/

correct me if im wrong but if your buying a cat back, any cat back from any make you dont get any of the pipes 1-4?? this right? does a cat back ny itself hinder or aid performance?

Depends which one you get. The KTEC Pro Performance has pipe No.4 but it is not as long.

could someone tell me what each of these pipes are. and performace wise which is best to go for.

piper-1.jpg
[/IMG]

1. sports car
2. de-cat

but whats the 3 and 4?

i wonder whos car that is :tongueout:

once my other half get the vids off her fone of my car on the rollers at the TDF mapping day, then i can show u just how loud a decat, and str8 thorugh pipe is, i'll quote in saying " i love that it sounds the nuts, very fruity "

I am loving mine, i only have a cat back, with the centre silencer as i didn't want it to be to loud, just more obvious then the standard.

I have had so many comments on how nice it sounds, and it constantly pops on up change and bubles on run down.

A de-cat + straight through must sound absolutley immense!!

i got a decat, un silenced section and cat back, and its out of the world, i have got vids but dont know how to make them smaller to post on here, someone has asked me to send them a sound clip but i cant get the vids smaller :worried:, mind pops and bangs on the up change, down change, over run, its mental!!

the straight through is like the group N rally exhaust, cars are always top end so it wudnt effect them on a track. day to day it would be unbearable flat spot and starting problems galour due to low back pressure.