Pioneer TS-Q131C - 13cm custom fit components Brand:

Looking at fitting Pioneer TS-Q131C - 13cm custom fit but would like to know when they are fitted will the grill go back on so you can not see them ?

[MENTION=6120]ashtons99[/MENTION] Yes noticed a big difference. I had upgraded the head unit to a Alpine IDA X305S a while ago, and coupled with the speakers there is now a massive difference. The sound is far tighter and more controlled, and the mid-range and bass has far more punch. Whilst you will never be able to get good solid bass with 13cm speakers in a chamber the size of the door pocket, the whole difference compared to the standard system is night and day.

I'm thinking now I'm going to have to replace the rear speakers quite soon!

Thanks James. I need to retain my head unit as it is linked to the Renault monitor, Bluetooth and steering controls. I'm not sure whether the speakers alone would deliver much of a gain

Just ordered them now see how to get big ones out but the tweeters I can not get the grill off it any help to get it off ??

The tweeters fit inside the covers and they all come out together. However, the tweeters and covers are clipped in individually via their own clips.

In short, loosen the covers off by using a trim removal tool (or something very flat such as a butter knife), and then try and lever out the tweeter. Failing that, just give the tweeters a good pull and they will pop out.