pik request of non eom head units

what i mean is,do certain HU manufacturers have this function already built in,or does every aftermarket HU need the additional cable in order to use the OE steering wheel stalk controls?

Yes, you need to buy the box of tricks, and into this plugs the correct patch lead that plugs into the back of your aftermarket unit. Different brands tend to use different connectors at the back of the stereo. eg. alpine use a jack plug type connection, kenwood use both a single wire and round black plug depending on model etc etc.

None come 'all ready' as such, as the box of tricks you buy with the patch lead is vehicle specific and decodes the factory steering buttons into signals recognisable by the aftermarket headunit.

Yes, you need to buy the box of tricks, and into this plugs the correct patch lead that plugs into the back of your aftermarket unit. Different brands tend to use different connectors at the back of the stereo. eg. alpine use a jack plug type connection, kenwood use both a single wire and round black plug depending on model etc etc.

None come 'all ready' as such, as the box of tricks you buy with the patch lead is vehicle specific and decodes the factory steering buttons into signals recognisable by the aftermarket headunit.

thanks for the imfo buddy

Hi

Thought i would champion the fold out in dash DVD player stereo upgrade:smile:

This is the Panasonic CQVD7005 with ipod connecter in the glove box.

P1000281.jpg
P1000264.jpg
P1000265.jpg

Lookin' good David, I'm waiting for warmer weather to start installing my new stereo :smile:

(also trying to figure out where everything goes as it all came without installation instructions :s )

Lookin' good David, I'm waiting for warmer weather to start installing my new stereo :smile:

(also trying to figure out where everything goes as it all came without installation instructions :s )

Thanks mate, yeah, installed mine in january and took me ages! freezing by the times i was done, glove box had to come out as well but not to hard.

David - I like the blue dash lights. Was this easy to do? What smd's are required to do it?

Yeah, smds required, total ball ache! the heaters and electric window switches are leds so a lot easier.

got this form halford in the sale. £135 reduced from £165 or something. it connects to my iphone via usb or bluetooth and has a mic built in for bluetooth handsfree etc. bargain for the money i thought.

IMG_0141.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions