Loeb to tackle Pikes Peaks

I struggle to see how that front wing/splitter is aerodynamic at all, it looks like a very fast bulldozer :tongueout:

It does look an awesome car but that front splitter does remind me of those crazy "Bosozoku" Japanese cars...

Spot the difference... Lol

wtf14.gif

Peugeot_208_Pikes_Peak-01.jpg

Anybody seen him in the FIA GT Series? (4OD search motorsport if you want to see)

First race he entered - they call it the qualifying race but may as well be a race. Came first
Second race - battling for the lead - only punted down the order due to a drive through penalty for removing his belts before stopping in a pit stop.

Such an amazing talent. Look forward to seeing how he does on Pikes Peak

I would imagine the wing is there for front end down force, similar to a front wing in F1. Also lots of Time Attack cars run huge front splitters so I'm guessing theres a proven benefit.

I've not seen him in FIA GT, but I have seen him schooling people at the X-Games Rallycross, complete league of his own. Apparently he's tested in F1 before and wasn't far off the pace, but he said its a little too boring for him :smiley:

It does look an awesome car but that front splitter does remind me of those crazy "Bosozoku" Japanese cars...

Spot the difference... Lol

wtf14.gif

Peugeot_208_Pikes_Peak-01.jpg

Not a great deal of difference but i bet ones a bit faster than the other.

He smashed it with a time of 8m13.878s, a minute and a half under the previous record

Red Bull TV's coverage of the whole thing was a joke tbh. More talking than actual driving footage.

Missed this as I was out all day. We all knew he was gonna smash the record though due to there being no unlimited class entries that made it to the top last year (first year it was tarmac'd). I mean Rhys Millen held the record in his Formula Drift car :smiley:

Great to see they made it to the top though.

Similar Thread Suggestions