Pics of cars with Black bonnets - particularly RB's ?

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
Mmmmm...sitting outside having a crafty fag- i got wondering what a satin Black bonnet wrap would look like on mine ?

Anyone know of a progress thread on here where someone has done that - and can find pics ?

This done on a Racing Blue would be the icing on the cake, but done on any colour would be a start.......

Cheers @Pav. I guess more than what i said: Im looking for a 200 with an upper bonnet only done.

Off to Google we go........

Personally I think it'll suit a white car better.. however if it was to be done you'd need to wrap the roof too... both in gloss black to match the bumper blade and diffuser should look good

http://www.clio197.net/threads/black-roof-and-bonnet.41640/

Not blue but it's the only one I could think of, and it's carbon.
My only concern with wrapping it would be it looking like you couldn't afford a carbon one, if you know what I mean. Might be worth a photo shop.

Cheers for your thoughts.

Theres plenty of pics about - many with bonnet and roof done, some of 197's, some have painted upper and lower bonnet along with splitter etc and of course most of those are gloss black......cant really find one of a blue 200 with just upper bonnet done, let alone satin.

If i had the foggiest over photoshop i would..........

The white 200 did look nice with black roof and bonnet but can't help think it would look better with the bit between the bumper and bonnet being black too. Otherwise I would leave the roof alone and just do the bonnet black. Had a good look round an R26R with the carbon bonnet yesterday and it looked immense.

Honestly the MacBook is good for some things, but I just spent like half an hour with a photoshop equivalent (a freebie mind) trying to recolour your bonnet, but its just ridiculous... Good old microsoft paint id have been able to do it on!

Honestly the MacBook is good for some things, but I just spent like half an hour with a photoshop equivalent (a freebie mind) trying to recolour your bonnet, but its just ridiculous... Good old microsoft paint id have been able to do it on!

Really ? Thanks for the effort man. Sorry to cause you frustration on a Sunday night !

I'm pretty good with photoshop, if you get me a pic of your car I can try and see what it would look like mate?

Awesome !!! :smile: Thanks for the offer.

Can you pm me your email addy so I can send you a pic or two.

Or you could find a couple of suitable shots off my progress thread I'm sure !

Cheers Dale.

Ok! So I'm not too bad with photoshop, but it's a nightmare trying to make something black without making it look like a void.

I tried to give one more of a matte look, and the other more gloss look, don't think it turned out too well ... but meh, I tried :tongueout:

hSuIAVWl.jpg

BDcOIGCl.jpg

Also whilst I was there I thought I'd colour your brakes in to match your yellow engine bits ... in case you were curious as to what it would look like :wink:

nUDYVw6l.jpg

Ok! So I'm not too bad with photoshop, but it's a nightmare trying to make something black without making it look like a void.

I tried to give one more of a matte look, and the other more gloss look, don't think it turned out too well ... but meh, I tried :tongueout:

hSuIAVWl.jpg

BDcOIGCl.jpg

Also whilst I was there I thought I'd colour your brakes in to match your yellow engine bits ... in case you were curious as to what it would look like :wink:

nUDYVw6l.jpg

HAHAHAHA !!! Awesome. Thanks very much buddy.

Well this idea has taken a different turn.........

You've completely turned me off having a black bonnet. But LOVING the Yellow calipers.

Now. Wheres Pav and his paint-brush when you need him......... :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy