Pic request! 200 on H&R lowering springs.

So what options do they come in >? Drop wise ?

Also how much are they

Where is the best place to buy

I think they come in 20/20, 30/30 and they used to be available in 30/40 and 40/30 although these two are harder to get now by all accounts. It may well be that certain ones don't work well with the FF or Cup Dampers but from my experience the 30/30 Springs are a good combination with Cup Dampers.

I paid around £185 I think, from Motorsport World. Had loads of stuff from them down the years and never had any problems with the service or the products. I imagine most of the usual suspects, DT, K-Tec etc., will stock them too.

Ok, not a 200 but still...

KYB Cup Dampers & H&R 30mm/30mm Springs;

20110623-02.jpg

20110623-03.jpg

20110626-09.jpg

20111125-01.jpg

20120630-01.jpg

Bit of a random selection of photos but they're the best ones I have that show the lowness...

Looks so nice, Willis. Does it scrape in speed bumps at that height?

No mate, no issues. We have those horrible island ones on our road and I don't go over them at more than 15MPH (limit here is 20MPH) anyway, slower if there's nothing behind me. Not because I have to, just because I'm sympathetic to my suspension hahaha!

She's driven mostly on rural roads too and is parked on a farm all day at work and I can't say I've ever had any problems with rubbing on the arches or anything hitting the bottom of the car.. Apart from long grass. To be honest I really cannot fault this setup.

sorry to gatecrash the thread but would you recommend running h&r springs on cup dampers only or u think 20 or 30mm would be alright on standard dampers?

sorry to gatecrash the thread but would you recommend running h&r springs on cup dampers only or u think 20 or 30mm would be alright on standard dampers?

I honestly couldn't tell you what they're like with normal Dampers mate. I changed everything at once and depending on how old your car is I'd say that for £200 it might be worth giving the Dampers a freshen up too if you can afford/justify it... I don't think the drop would do any damage to the Dampers but I'm not sure how well matched they'd be to the Springs in terms of stiffness etc..

is it a standard 200 you have?

mine is a standard 200, and i found that as the shocks are 30% softer than the cup shocks, the standard springs were too much for them, which resulted in quite a bouncy ride. U'd go up and down a few times after a big bump if you know what i mean.

I changed mine to cup dampers with the H&R springs and yes it is much stiffer on the shocks, but the springs dont seem too much different. They are definately not as harsh as the cup springs.

With my limited suspension knowledge, i would say you would not only see, but feel an improvement if you put the H&R springs on standard shocks. The springs dont have as much travel so you should in theory get less bounce back effect on bumps.

If you are planning on fitting them yourself then for the price of the springs you dont have alot to lose.

I honestly couldn't tell you what they're like with normal Dampers mate. I changed everything at once and depending on how old your car is I'd say that for £200 it might be worth giving the Dampers a freshen up too if you can afford/justify it... I don't think the drop would do any damage to the Dampers but I'm not sure how well matched they'd be to the Springs in terms of stiffness etc..

ah rite cheers for that then mate, i think ill need to ask about to find out if anyone else is running them. did u notice much difference from cup dampers over standard? like could you justify the price etc? my car is 56 plate so getting on abit now. only covered 35k though so maybe the shocks would be alright

is it a standard 200 you have?

mine is a standard 200, and i found that as the shocks are 30% softer than the cup shocks, the standard springs were too much for them, which resulted in quite a bouncy ride. U'd go up and down a few times after a big bump if you know what i mean.

I changed mine to cup dampers with the H&R springs and yes it is much stiffer on the shocks, but the springs dont seem too much different. They are definately not as harsh as the cup springs.

With my limited suspension knowledge, i would say you would not only see, but feel an improvement if you put the H&R springs on standard shocks. The springs dont have as much travel so you should in theory get less bounce back effect on bumps.

If you are planning on fitting them yourself then for the price of the springs you dont have alot to lose.

ive got a standard 197 mate not 200 is there much difference suspension wise? cheers for that info mate i like the way the suspension is atm its like hard ish but soft at the same time. wouldnt mind going quite abit harder though so maybe just the h&r springs to start with then go for the cup dampers if not? who noes :lol: only had the car a day so no rush yet aye!

I couldn't say about the Dampers on their own as I changed the lot at once, but this set up is night and day different to the standard non-Cup. :smile:

She'd just ticked over 36,000M when I changed, gave her a good freshen up. :smile:

ive got a standard 197 mate not 200 is there much difference suspension wise? cheers for that info mate i like the way the suspension is atm its like hard ish but soft at the same time. wouldnt mind going quite abit harder though so maybe just the h&r springs to start with then go for the cup dampers if not? who noes :lol: only had the car a day so no rush yet aye!

As far as i know, the 200 cup is 15% stiffer than the 197 cup, and the standard 200 is 15% softer, but im not sure if this is compared to the 197 cup or standard.

i have a feeling the 197 standard is stiffer than the 200 standard, so to be honest you might find the H&R springs are still very good for your car.

I guess you ned to ask yourself how man miles you do and where you drive. I love my cars being stiff, but i wouldnt like to do 20k miles a year in them. My daily drive is 6 each way so its more of a fun weekend car anyway.

I couldn't say about the Dampers on their own as I changed the lot at once, but this set up is night and day different to the standard non-Cup. :smile:

She'd just ticked over 36,000M when I changed, gave her a good freshen up. :smile:

ahh yea cheers for that. looks like ill be investing soon then 48hours after owning the modding is starting to creep into my mind not good ! :\

As far as i know, the 200 cup is 15% stiffer than the 197 cup, and the standard 200 is 15% softer, but im not sure if this is compared to the 197 cup or standard.

i have a feeling the 197 standard is stiffer than the 200 standard, so to be honest you might find the H&R springs are still very good for your car.

I guess you ned to ask yourself how man miles you do and where you drive. I love my cars being stiff, but i wouldnt like to do 20k miles a year in them. My daily drive is 6 each way so its more of a fun weekend car anyway.

ahh rite i see then, yea i wouldnt mind it being abit more firmer its not to bad atm handles well compared to my previous astra coupe but i can tell there is room for some improvment! i drive about 10-12k a year but like to have nice b road runs the occasional track day so maybe somthing to consider i guess!