Photo editing software

N0ddie

Platinum Member
It's just a thread to see who uses what and why they think it's the best. I've heard that Photoshop elements is best for the amateur photographer as it gives you the tools that you'll use without giving you the stuff your less likely to use. That and it's considerably cheaper than full Photoshop.

Santa brought me a Canon 550d so wanna try and master the whole good photography thing.

Most of the photos on here put mine to shame.

I've used photoshop elements for years as it came with the camera.

Think I got V2.0 lol!!!

On the laptop, I use paint.net I think it is called:smile:

Canon is the best make of camera :wink:

I've never used Elements but I primarily use Lightroom as it does 99.9% of anything I'd need to do (if a pictures really bad enough to tempt me towards photoshop it gets deleted) and very occasionally Photoshop and even then only to remove number plates pretty much.

I'd be tempted to push you in the direction free software first like paint.net or The Gimp and Picasa maybe just so you get a feel of how or what software you use before actually spending money on something that may or may not do everything you want.

Last edited:
cant really go wrong with elements. Like you say, it will do for most of your editing needs and it can get very complicated very quickly as it is!

I currently use Photoshop CS2 (a few years old now) and Photomatix for HDR images. Never really needed to use anything else for editing as these two are more than adequate - for me anyways lol.

Cheers for the advice folks. I've downloaded a 30 day trial of Photoshop elements 9 to have a play around with before I spend the money on anything.

Will hopefully be able to get the camera out more often now that it aint always snowing lol.

I use photoshop.....not very well mind! Although I love learning new tricks and just 'messing' with pics. What the proffesionals can do with this programme is just simply stunning sometimes!

Similar Thread Suggestions