Peugeot 208 GTi opinions?

Has anyone else had a go in one? I had a test drive in one today and i was pleasantly surprised, it feels stupidly fast in a strait line and its comparable to my non-cup packed 200 in the corners (with more body roll and nose diving under braking)

The down sides are they are loosing money pretty rapidly, the one i was looking at is £14,000 on a 63 plate with less than 3000 miles on the clock so its lost 4-5k from the list price? Also you cant see the speedo past the top part of the steering wheel :whatever:

Must be me getting old, but its probably the one of the 3 newbies i'd go for, i didnt like the autobox and the gimmicky feel of the clio, the st was just too crashy and harsh for a daily for me, so id choose the pug........

So, in short im throwing money at having my R26 modified instead.......!!

I had a go in one about six months ago - it was okay. I was thinking about this not too long ago: of all the new ones this would probably be the one I would actually buy, funnily enough. My only gripe was it did not feel very quick, the clutch was stupidly light, and the seat bolsters were too tight. Everything else ticked the right boxes. However, I got back in my 197 and was instantly reminded why I bought it. These new hatches just do not have the same "alive" feeling as the 197/200, they just feel very artificial.

If they bring out a 208 R then I might get interested...