Peugeot 208 GTi 30th Anniversary

Jmax

197 F1 Team
Platinum Member
So this week I finally got my hands on the replacement for the Clio. Although I can't decide if I should let the Clio go, or hold onto it too.

Its a Peugeot 208 GTI 30th Anniversary. The UK market got only 100 of these, there were 75 in the two-tone ‘Coupe Franche’ red and black paint scheme, of the remaining 25 cars, 20 were Satin White and 5 Rioja Red.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Unlike the Clio I can't see myself going mad with the mods and it seems to tick pretty much all the boxes as standard. On first impressions (a 400 mile drive bring it home) it pulls well with around 220lb/ft which is more than the Clio and 205bhp with again is slightly more than the Clio, it also has the added bonus of a Torsen limited-slip differential from the RCZ-R which makes managing the power and torque at the front wheels better.

Thanks for looking.

Nice choice of new car, John, it looks really good in that colour! Not tempted by the two-tone then? :wink:

Your R27 is a lovely example, it would be a shame for you to sell it - if you can, keep it! :smiley:

Hope you enjoy the Pug.

Reactions: Jmax
Nice choice of new car, John, it looks really good in that colour! Not tempted by the two-tone then? :wink:

Your R27 is a lovely example, it would be a shame for you to sell it - if you can, keep it! :smiley:

Hope you enjoy the Pug.

Thanks very much @Jimmy the two tone was nice, but I fell in love with the white when I saw it. As for the R27,

Great choice, my favourite of the current junior hot hatches. As you say ticks the boxes without needing modifications. How do you find the small steering wheel & speedo visibility? It gets a lot of criticism, but I had a basic 208 as a rental once & didn't have any issues. Do keep the Clio if you can. You'll have the best of both worlds then. A turbo & a naturally aspirated car to enjoy revving.

They're some nice numbers for a factory hatch!

Still love the front of a 197 with that RS splitter...

Great choice, my favourite of the current junior hot hatches. As you say ticks the boxes without needing modifications. How do you find the small steering wheel & speedo visibility? It gets a lot of criticism, but I had a basic 208 as a rental once & didn't have any issues. Do keep the Clio if you can. You'll have the best of both worlds then. A turbo & a naturally aspirated car to enjoy revving.

To be honest the steering wheel feels great, as for the positioning, the only thing it blocks is the bottom of the speedo and the trip computer so its not really an issue. But I just depends how low you sit in the car and how high you'd have the steering wheel adjusted. Its great to drive so far, but in saying that I haven't really driven it since Wednesday due to the damn show lol.

They're some nice numbers for a factory hatch!

Still love the front of a 197 with that RS splitter...

Yea I think the splitter made the front of the 197, I still love the car, just think its maybe time to let someone else enjoy it.

Reactions: Johnny 99