Petrolified - Online store for car enthusiasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

200cup

Paid Member
Hi there guys!

After the RS coloring books I've been thinking about what to do next, and here's the preview of the outcome - Petrolified!
It basically is going to be an online store for car enthusiasts like us. What I hope would differ it from other, similar stores, is the "i-hope-you-would-like-it" vintage-ish simple design and the emphasis on story-telling, so that you would be able to read about all the stories/the cars/the people behind the designs. There are going to be various collections of tees and posters for now, and later, hopefully, some books (of course coloring ones as well).

I've attached a few pics down below of what's about to come, with a few quick words about the design themselves.
Please let me know what you think about it!

9649543084_4c4b822567_c.jpg

Starting off with a few simplistic posters.
The first one is of Fredric Aasbo's Toyota 86X drift car, that he uses in European drift events. For those, who don't know Fredric, be sure to see this this and this video

9645914867_8c4bb5d4e4_z.jpg

Second one is the famous Porsche builder and fashion designer Magnus Walker's Porsche 911 STR. He is best known for his Urban Outlaw movie

9645917363_fe7d34e248_z.jpg

Coming up with the, for me at least, the most beautiful and hilarious Morgan 3Wheeler. This very one was driven by the company owner Charles Morgan across USA as a part of the Gumball rally. You can read more about the trip here

9645917975_96975457ff_z.jpg

Next up is another famous drifter from Kiwi land - MadMike Whiddett and his triple rotary Madbull RX-7. Some madness about to be found on Youtube

9645918331_98b35172cd_z.jpg

Last for this preview (there is definitely more to come though) is the Ayrton Senna's very own Honda NSX. I'm sure you all know him already, but just in case you missed this video of him hooning such NSX around Suzuka, be sure to check it out!

9649151892_778921ff4a_z.jpg

Here are some tees inspired by the Nordschleife. One design as Jackie Stewart nicknamed it "The Green Hell" and the other two for the Save The Ring community out there.

9645915455_084a133997_c.jpg

9649149650_4b1c0c9831_c.jpg

9649150266_82a7734feb_c.jpg

Aircooled only is another tee, with more of similar style coming too.

9649152396_0b441caec4_c.jpg

Here is a map, build up of the names of the turns. I'm not sure yet though of what canvas to print it on.
9649150980_8e53701cf0_z.jpg
And last but not least, is a simple Save the Ring logo, printed on tees.

9649148966_9369f0850e_z.jpg

Remember this is just a preview, there are going to be more designs when the store launches (late September/October) especially there are going to be more posters of classic race cars and other iconic cars. I could make a Clio one for you guys if you wanted me to. There is also going to be a series called "Keep drifting fun" inspired by the movie for drifters out there.

Other ideas:
Children coloring books (history of cars,"the tale of the Green Hell", "things your dad should have told you about cars", general intro into the car world for kids)
Something in the means of "Real men smoke tyres" or "Some smoke cigarettes, some smoke weed, some, even, smoke d*cks... but we smoke tyres"
Add some collection not just about the Nordschleife but also LeMans, Spa, TT on the Isle of Men, Pikes Peak
Make a calendar of car events during 2014.
...and so on

Thanks for bearing with me and looking through :smile: Please let me know what you think about it! Also, if you had any ideas or products you would like me to make, please tell me.

Cheers, Martin!

PS: You can like our Petrolified Facebook page to keep up with updates.

Last edited:
Thread closed pending confirmation from the PTBs due to traders normally paying fees to carry out site trading and advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.