Petrol cost.

I'm spending about £250-£300 a month. Getting skint having not detailed any cars over the winter.. Who wants booking in asap FLOL

I will be driving 10 miles a day to and from work. = 200 a month

Then add the extra miles for fun and extra travelling.

AM i being crazy or would it be a nice little number for me?? lol

My car started on a range of 80 miles this week, it's now just over 50.

I miss driving it during the week but £40 at the weekend usually gets me around, trip to manchester and back plus a spirited sunday drive filling up friday now has it left as above.

I used to drive 70 miles a day, the cost in fuel alone doing that for a year would of been £4k. It's just not what the car's meant for.

Though I still wish fuel was cheaper with the car, my old bike used to get a good thrashing at the weekend do 60 in 4 seconds and still return 50mpg crazy! Cars are so thirsty :smile:

Taken from my spritmonitor.de account:

Fuel costs: 17,41 GBP/100mi 27.585 mi and 4.802 GBP

Since June 28th 2009 :w00t:

I will be driving 10 miles a day to and from work. = 200 a month

Then add the extra miles for fun and extra travelling.

AM i being crazy or would it be a nice little number for me?? lol

Why buy a car if u cant afford to run it? :-p

Get it enjoy it and dont worry bout petrol, life is to short.

With my 197 I spend about 120 a month, that's with driving couple miles to work every morning, my gf lives 10 miles away but its all dual carriage ways! I just think to myself what can I do in one journey rather than making multiple journeys. I don't mind spending money on petrol, just helps if you can save a little!

About £80 per week to get me to work and back, more if i go anywhere at weekend.
Was only thinking about the price of petrol the other day, when i got my 182 it was 59p a ltr.
Now its £1.32 a ltr
Thats a massive increase.

I pay a colleague who lives nearby £15 per week for a lift to and from work so my Clio only gets used 1 in every 3 weeks (when he has to work a late shift for the week, screw that). Other than that weekends only really. I go through about 1 tank per month @ £50~£60.

Thing is, lets face it. Even if petrol runs out and everyone switches to Electric cars overnight what do you think is going to happen to the price of Electricity when everyone is charging their car 4hours per night? Yep same boat, different fuel. It will never change, thats how supply and demand works.

I pay a colleague who lives nearby £15 per week for a lift to and from work so my Clio only gets used 1 in every 3 weeks (when he has to work a late shift for the week, screw that). Other than that weekends only really. I go through about 1 tank per month @ £50~£60.

Thing is, lets face it. Even if petrol runs out and everyone switches to Electric cars overnight what do you think is going to happen to the price of Electricity when everyone is charging their car 4hours per night? Yep same boat, different fuel. It will never change, thats how supply and demand works.
Don't forget approx 75% of what we pay for fuel goes to the government (Duty & VAT).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/news/vote2001/hi/english/main_issues/sections/facts/newsid_1180000/1180919.stm

Yeah and what do you think the government will replace this lost 75% duty + vat income with? It will be convienantly swapped over to whatever replaces petrol/diesel.

"To keep up with demand additional power stations are being created, however the Government has imposed strict fines on polution producing sites so unfortunately this will be passed onto our customers" etc :smile:

Yeah and what do you think the government will replace this lost 75% duty + vat income with? It will be convienantly swapped over to whatever replaces petrol/diesel :smile:
Indeed - you seemed to be suggesting it's a supply / demand issue.

It's a greedy government issue :wink: - someone has to pay for their expenses :@

Mines about £120/month for getting to work. Fun miles? Could be an extra £200 or so in the summer, maybe more. But I don't really count or care for those tbh, that's what I got the car for:thumbup:

Hi, its only a few weeks to go till i get to pick up a new car of my choice.

After reading chowiekid's post on the 197 section, im just curious on how many miles you lot do compared with the amount of petrol you use per week/month.

At the moment i am spending 40/50 a month lol....though im not a mad driver, ive done 10000 miles in the last 2 years and a bit.

Any replies appriciated.

Lol, I spend that a week on petrol, at least!

I'm making the most of a 200 BHP petrol powered car whilst I still can! :smile:

I do a little more than 20 miles per week, so a tank lasts me 3 months. I'm lucky that I can cycle to work, saves quite a bit!

Was only thinking about the price of petrol the other day, when i got my 182 it was 59p a ltr.
Now its £1.32 a ltr
Thats a massive increase.

Was it a 182 time machine!? Petrols not been 59p since 1997! it was about 78p when the 182 came out in 2004.