Petrol cost.

Hi, its only a few weeks to go till i get to pick up a new car of my choice.

After reading chowiekid's post on the 197 section, im just curious on how many miles you lot do compared with the amount of petrol you use per week/month.

At the moment i am spending 40/50 a month lol....though im not a mad driver, ive done 10000 miles in the last 2 years and a bit.

Any replies appriciated.

that's brilliant amount to spend on fuel! lol. i take it you live close to where you work and that?

bet there's some people in this forum he spend 5/6/7 times that amount, lol.

stu.

If I used my Clio 200 for work everyday i'd be spending over £250/month petrol. Luckily I can use my missus' car in the week!

I do about 1,300/month and get around 300miles to a tank (a little more if i try hard)

that's brilliant amount to spend on fuel! lol. i take it you live close to where you work and that?

bet there's some people in this forum he spend 5/6/7 times that amount, lol.

stu.

Yeah i know, what i read in the other post about petrol was shocking!! lol

Last edited:
I'd estimate 10k per year will cost you between £140-£180 per month depending on sort of mileage and weight of right foot

Approx 200 a month on fuel.

Getting 30 mpg atm - but that mainly because we've still got slippery roads up here and there are too many 'tards still driving at 40 everywhere :tongueout:inky:

I did £100 fuel in the first 2 days of owning my 200 hahaha.

Now its around £150-£200 a month too.. no matter how grandad-like i drive, the clio loves to drink!

Only young once, i am 26, only been driving for 2 years, so im just gonna dive into the deep end, if worse comes to worse, ill drive of a cliff, joking!:bat:!

Fair play to all you dedicated RS clio Drivers out there.

I use around £30-40 a week.. But i only use my car sometimes on a Saturday, Sunday and every Wednesday. Do about 100-120 miles maximum a week.

I generally spend about £20 a week ATM but I aren't driving it often due to the weather. Typically through the summer I will spend £40-£50 and get about 300 miles out of it IIRC. In all honesty though I don't pay much attention - just top it up when it beeps lol!

Most I have done was £100 on fuel in a weekend lol! :smiley:

I put about £150 in mine in the first two weeks! :wink:
But so as not to scare you, I was out and about doing about 600 miles to get it run in!

It isn't my daily drive so rarely moves Mon-Fri, and I bet I put about £100 - £150 in a month, dependant on the weekend's activities.

When I went down to Oulton last year, I filled up on Shell's finest. Drove 100 miles there, did x number of laps, on and off all day, then drove 100 miles back and the fuel light came on about 5 miles from home! :thumbup:

I put about £150 in mine in the first two weeks! :wink:
But so as not to scare you, I was out and about doing about 600 miles to get it run in!

It isn't my daily drive so rarely moves Mon-Fri, and I bet I put about £100 - £150 in a month, dependant on the weekend's activities.

When I went down to Oulton last year, I filled up on Shell's finest. Drove 100 miles there, did x number of laps, on and off all day, then drove 100 miles back and the fuel light came on about 5 miles from home! :thumbup:

Thats not bad at all!!

My mate went to spa in his Fiat Coupe and was burning £80 per hour!!

Yep, even being on track all day and the drive there and back, the trip computer showed 21mpg average when I got home :smile:

(I reset it after I filled up.)