People who have had corrosion issues on wheels: UPDATE

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
The dealer are being very picky and basically trying to tell me tough luck with the corrosion on the wheels.

The bloke looked on his computer and said "no one else has had this issue with their car, it is not a known fault with Renault"

Therefore would like some help.

Please could you post your name, Reg no, and date repair was done to wheels (PM me if you prefer) just so I can wipe it in their face, they will have hard proof and canne deny it.

Thank you in advance!!!!!!! :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Its not a problem that I have got sorted yet but I can send you photos of it on my alloys if you like/if you think it will help???

It might well do, if I give them the reg they can see what has been done under warranty and stick that in their pipes and smoke it :smile:

Its going in for the recaros doing this Friday and I was going to ask them about looking at another couple of things too so I can certainly get some questions asked and see what they say!!

Any chance of reg numbers or anything as back up proof? :smile:

Lots of love in advance

Mike
xxx :smile:

I had mine re-sprayed due to the laquer bubbling. July last year if I remember correctly - HN57 OJW :wink:

My front wheels are both flaking on the inside of some of the spokes..I was told it was not a warranty repair as they were 'consistent with 20,000 miles of wear'. B@stards...RE07 MHU

I'm looking at having them all stripped and powder coated in the spring.....at my own cost!

UPDATE 09/05

Well, first off look at the date of the first post I made on this topic. It has been with Renault for three months, and they have all been blaming each other.

I am incredibly annoyed that some people on here have had the problem sorted within days and I have had to wait three months for them to stop being pathetic and blaming everyone else.

You may have seen the post I put on the RS forum - I was ringing up RUK every day, and was promised someone would ring me back, and they never bothered. I got so fed up with it, that I posted it on the RSUK forums, oh and surprise surprise, the whole problem has been solved now, and they are refurbing the existing wheels on Friday of this week.

Glad with the outcome, but you can imagine I ma so annoyed with the fact it took them so long to sort it.

It was always the dealer saying "It is with Renault, nothing we can do about it", Renault UK saying "It is with warranty, nothing we can do" and warranty doing sweet FA.

Friday this week is the day it is being done!

That is all :smile::smile: :uk::poke: