Corrosion on discs

N0ddie

Platinum Member
Needing some new rear discs as the ones we have at present are well past their best. Been looking at the KTR Black edition rear discs as they claim to reduce corrosion (obviously not on the braking surface as the black coating will be burned through within minutes of use.

Is there any other ways as to prevent "the discs turning orange" that ours like to do? I've stripped the fronts and that but they still like to orange up.

Anyone know of a remedy for this?

Not 100% it'd stand up to the temperatures on he front discs but...

ACF50.JPG

Note: should go without saying this must not touch the friction surface at ALL.

Last edited:
Yeah. Its the friction surface thats going orange though. Means every time its left overnight in the wet, the journey out of our estate is left foot on brake ever so slightly to clean up the discs.

Make a nice grumbling sound until the friction face is clear.

Yeah. Its the friction surface thats going orange though. Means every time its left overnight in the wet, the journey out of our estate is left foot on brake ever so slightly to clean up the discs.

Make a nice grumbling sound until the friction face is clear.

Oooohhhhhhh then no, unless you got stainless steel discs :zap:

i wouldnt even bother about the rust built up overnight tbh, by the time uve got the engine upto temps, surely you would have had time to jab the brakes a couple of times.

As for putting anything on the disks, not for me thank you! They are designed knowing that not everyone has garages.....

To remedy i dont know but to prevent you'll can use wd40..
Spry on a towel and apply on the disc zone..

Wd40 has a massive power anticorrosion! It used also in nautical science..

Dont spry on the braking surface.. It can be dangeerous :lol:

I use ACF50 on my motorbike its great stuff but do not in any circumstances put it anywhere near brakes. That stuff makes WD40 look like super glue.

As for stopping minor surface corrosion on the surface of the disks you can stop it, its a fact of life. 2 seconds of braking will have it cleared up.

cast iron discs will always "corrode/rust"

could always fit carbon ceramic i suppose