Pav's Albi Blue 197T

possibly..the car is with Trev..im home now banging my head against the wall :jedi:
had to ring rst and explain what happened..they even spoke to Trev trying to help..so good of them..bent rods they said which didnt make me happy at all..still dont know what it is..

i know..sorry Mes for all the read mate..im gutted but what can i do??the funds are getting thinner and thinner..thats my only worry atm...

thank you very much for your support guys..tough times ahead of me again...
Bent rods? You been in puddles pav? Lol. Not sure how that would have happened unless a. You thought it was a submarine or b. It tried to compress something it didn't like i.e. Coolant or excess fuel accidentally.
Clio197.net whip round anyone ?

Reactions: sevenfourate
same here..if it is then i would have to find myself a very rich GF and be very good to her for the 1st 2 weeks :thumb:

I could imagine you with an 'Sugga Mama'

Tbf Pav I wouldn't bother more hassle than their worth lol!

Reactions: Pav
Bent rods? How would that cause white smoke though? Easiest things to do would be to a) get a camera down the plug holes and b) get the sump off and rotate the engine by hand, although I'm sure Trevor has already done those.

i know..so many possibilities ..Trev's done the compression and it was bang on 140 i think..will have a look later today or tmr as he had some other cars in..still spent the whole morning on mine..good man!!
the white smoke was caused by a faulty injector which we replaced this morning..2 new coil packs as well..that's why we cant get to the bottom of it..
it was all done in a bit of rush this morning as we tried to get her fixed for the rst remap..he will have more time tmr to inspect it properly..
and it was injecting too much fuel in-so a bent rod is there as a possible..

i know..so many possibilities ..Trev's done the compression and it was bang on 140 i think..will have a look later today or tmr as he had some other cars in..still spent the whole morning on mine..good man!!
the white smoke was caused by a faulty injector which we replaced this morning..2 new coil packs as well..that's why we cant get to the bottom of it..
it was all done in a bit of rush this morning as we tried to get her fixed for the rst remap..he will have more time tmr to inspect it properly..
and it was injecting too much fuel in-so a bent rod is there as a possible..
I'm not sure the effect of a bent rod has on compression but I'm assuming you would have a lower one on that cylinder.
However I'm sure you're fed up of advice and I'm equally sure trev is on it so I'm off to check my Clio over before it goes for mot. Let us all no when you do pav

Reactions: Pav
Just catching up on all the progress, Pav. It's a shame you couldn't get over to Leeds, but as said above, the priority is getting the Witch running. It sounds like Trev is investing a lot of time and effort into it, so that's really good, she's in safe hands! It goes over my head all this talk of injectors and bent rods, so I'm just hoping that it's the simplest and cheapest option for you mate.

Just catching up on all the progress, Pav. It's a shame you couldn't get over to Leeds, but as said above, the priority is getting the Witch running. It sounds like Trev is investing a lot of time and effort into it, so that's really good, she's in safe hands! It goes over my head all this talk of injectors and bent rods, so I'm just hoping that it's the simplest and cheapest option for you mate.
yeah wish I didn't know what all the guys on here are talking about but unfortunately,I do now..learn as you go along..thanks mate..
already looking for new engines on ebay..

Have to say your remaining very positive:smile: that did make the chuckle though!

Honeslty hope it's not to expensive to sort out for you
have nothing else left but the positivity ..just hoping it doesn't come to getting a new engine..would have to walk the streets of Manchester dressed as a male prostitute as mentioned/suggested above :excited:
New engine?

well im considering all scenarios now mate..i mean rods or pistons are like £600..i could have a second hand engine for that price

have nothing else left but the positivity ..just hoping it doesn't come to getting a new engine..would have to walk the streets of Manchester dressed as a male prostitute as mentioned/suggested above :excited:

well im considering all scenarios now mate..i mean rods or pistons are like £600..i could have a second hand engine for that price

ah ok, well let's hope it doesn't come to that. Did you get your RS Tuning deposit back or did you just reschedule?

Pav. So gutted to hear it's not a cheap/quick fix mate. Sorry I couldn't post earlier had crap signal all day.

Thinking of you buddy

ah ok, well let's hope it doesn't come to that. Did you get your RS Tuning deposit back or did you just reschedule?
hope not..no we agreed on booking it in again once fixed..soon hopefully..
Pav. So gutted to hear it's not a cheap/quick fix mate. Sorry I couldn't post earlier had crap signal all day.

Thinking of you buddy
thanks Ben..no worries..i know what its like to have no signal when you need it :rage:
hope you had a good day..given im off for half term,i've not stopped and im knackered from all the travelling,sorting,buying parts etc...back on my bike:sunglasses: