Pav's Albi Blue 197T

Im thinking of an induction kit too mate!

Ive just bought another set of wheels, speedines, got them in the end haha. Selling the ones I bought last year!

Yeah I thought your thread had been quiet recently that why I asked. [emoji4] Sometimes you just have a few months where not a lot happens haha. I'm thinking the same about the pulley, very tempted by one, I hate the slow throttle response in these cars. The lower engine mount will be worth it, and so will the map. Although I would hold out on the map until after you decide if you want the k-tec intake. [emoji4]

Yeah I've been going a bit spending crazy recently, I need to slow down. Whoops! That's good mate, thinking of doing any track days or car shows this year then?
have been enjoying it lately really..not a lot u can do in this silly weather..ive been in touch with Raptor6767 and it may be happening at some point in the future..
love reading ur thread..theres always something happening...
have u had them discs fitted yet??they look sweet a lot...
i managed to get almost brand new Ferrodo 2500 front pads for a really good price..so waiting to be fitted....
you should have come to the Wales meet in October..not far from u..was really awesome!!
i will try to be a part of lots this year...funds depending of course...would love to do the clio day that people have been talking about..there is a thread here somewhere...
what about u??u should show off ur beauty..a lot has been done to it up to now...

Im thinking of an induction kit too mate!

Ive just bought another set of wheels, speedines, got them in the end haha. Selling the ones I bought last year!

one of the upgrades that i believe its worth spending money for..haha selling the ones u bought last year??have u got any pics??were they dear??

have been enjoying it lately really..not a lot u can do in this silly weather..ive been in touch with Raptor6767 and it may be happening at some point in the future..
love reading ur thread..theres always something happening...
have u had them discs fitted yet??they look sweet a lot...
i managed to get almost brand new Ferrodo 2500 front pads for a really good price..so waiting to be fitted....
you should have come to the Wales meet in October..not far from u..was really awesome!!
i will try to be a part of lots this year...funds depending of course...would love to do the clio day that people have been talking about..there is a thread here somewhere...
what about u??u should show off ur beauty..a lot has been done to it up to now...

That's good mate, I know what you mean, I take it easy this time of year what with a the ice and water on the roads. I hope you buy it as I would like to see someone else opinion on how it feels before I get mine. [emoji4]

Thanks, hopefully much more this year. I'm starting to dislike my h&r springs so I'm thinking coilovers may be on the cards soon. Also I really like the oz wheels like yours. Discs will be fitted this week or next, depends when my pads arrive. Angel says they should arrive Thursday. [emoji4]

Good choice of pad, if you got the for a steal then you can't complain. I honestly can't find one person with a bad word to say about them.

Must have missed that meet [emoji20], but I'll keep an eye out for others this year. Please tag me in the thread for the Clio day if you find it as I would be up for that. Hopefully take mine to a few shows but defiantly wanna do more car meets, hopefully doing castle comb in a few months time.

Whats wrong with the H&R Luke? Pav recommended me the eibach which I was considering but prefer the drop of the h&r cos they;re lower.

Pav's Albi Blue (Blacks & Beacons)

Whats wrong with the H&R Luke? Pav recommended me the eibach which I was considering but prefer the drop of the h&r cos they;re lower.

I love the stance they give mate, the car sits so nicely, but in the real world I feel they are to stiff and bouncy.

Before fitting them I thought the firmer ride would just be a comfort issue so I didn't mind. But now they are fitted, I don't like the way it feels to drive. It Still handles well, in fact very well, but unless the road surface is DEAD dead smooth when accelerating It's bouncy, twitchy and seems to pull itself about. I feel like sometime I have to hold the wheel super tight just incase it hits a tiny bump to hard and I have to correct.

I like the firm ride they give, feels like a rally car but it really doesn't work well as a fast road set up. I recon coilovers with adjustable dampening/rebound would be more Ideal, to iron out the road surface.

Yeh selling them lol. Guna eBay them. Ive been looking into getting them refurbed, but was a lot of money and these are already the colour I want, and the style I wanted.

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showth...-s-Speedlines-Pioneer-Incar-Hifi-Winter-tyres

He's taken the pictures off now they're sold.

Tempted by that steering wheel he's selling, but after forking out for them can't really justify it lol.

Will take some when they arrive!
they look much better tbh..good purchase.....the steering wheel looks tempting....what im trying to do is to make the car run better....the cosmetic upgrades will come after....maybe u should start ur own progress thread :thumbup:

Yeah I thought about it tbh, but I go months without doing nothing then will put lots on it lol.

Plus im thinking aout changing next summer!

Cheers Luke, think ill stick with the eibach :tongueout:

That's good mate, I know what you mean, I take it easy this time of year what with a the ice and water on the roads. I hope you buy it as I would like to see someone else opinion on how it feels before I get mine. [emoji4]

Thanks, hopefully much more this year. I'm starting to dislike my h&r springs so I'm thinking coilovers may be on the cards soon. Also I really like the oz wheels like yours. Discs will be fitted this week or next, depends when my pads arrive. Angel says they should arrive Thursday. [emoji4]

Good choice of pad, if you got the for a steal then you can't complain. I honestly can't find one person with a bad word to say about them.

Must have missed that meet [emoji20], but I'll keep an eye out for others this year. Please tag me in the thread for the Clio day if you find it as I would be up for that. Hopefully take mine to a few shows but defiantly wanna do more car meets, hopefully doing castle comb in a few months time.
this is the thread: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?46119-197-200-net-private-Trackday
i know what u mean about ur h&r springs...thats why i prefer the Eibach setup...but the collies are the step forward no doubt..ive been looking into getting the kw1's..should do for what i use the car for....
report back please once ur discs have been fitted...

Yeah I thought about it tbh, but I go months without doing nothing then will put lots on it lol.

Plus im thinking aout changing next summer!

Cheers Luke, think ill stick with the eibach :tongueout:
changing??to what????

Thinking about a raider, if I can get a hold of one. Or maybe a 200t but need to test drive it first.

Thinking about a raider, if I can get a hold of one. Or maybe a 200t but need to test drive it first.
fair enough but why would u change it when u have spent quite a lot of money on it??
200t is not my territory so cant judge...this is just my opinion but if u r not going for a megged clio or a a megane,i wouldnt bother...
obviously,it depends on ur funds.....

Would like a newer car. Yeh the 200t might be a bit off budget, will have to see what prices are like, its still 6-7 months away so we will see. Plus id only want a ly one I think, which fetch a bit more.

Megged clio did cross my mind to be honest, I wish fernandez' one would have come up a bit later but I think id want one where id known the history or can read about it in full. Not too sure on the meg, do like smaller cars.

All money ive spent on it I can take off tbh.

Raider is above the 200t in the list! But theres only 12 of the grey in the country iirc lol. Not fussed about the red.

Pav's Albi Blue (Blacks & Beacons)

this is the thread: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?46119-197-200-net-private-Trackday
i know what u mean about ur h&r springs...thats why i prefer the Eibach setup...but the collies are the step forward no doubt..ive been looking into getting the kw1's..should do for what i use the car for....
report back please once ur discs have been fitted...

Thanks mate I'll have a look, I've heard the eibachs are better as they are a progressive spring. Yes I can vouch for the KW V1 as I had them on the old 197 .[emoji4] They were perfect for the road and occasional track use. Soaked up the road surface nicely too.

I'll do a write up on my thread when the are fitted mate. [emoji4]

Last edited:
as i mentioned above..got my hands on some goodies...some more im thinking about so it will take some time before these get fitted...just some pics...
07012015764.jpg
07012015765.jpg
07012015766.jpg
07012015767.jpg
07012015768.jpg
quite curious about the difference between the old and new ball joints tbh...we will see

Nice mate, the pads look like they have plenty of life in them, I think mine came through today just gotta collect them as the got dropped to one of my neighbours as I wasn't in earlier. [emoji4]

Let me know how you find them when fitted. Also how come you are replacing the ball joints? Does the steering feel funny?

thanks Luke...tbh with ya..i dont think they need replacing...its just a fact that they were quite cheap and the pads too so i couldnt turn the offer down...plus my car is an 06 plate so replacing them wont hurt it in any way..and we know they take some abuse....the pads will be put on for track days and meets i guess..got pretty much brand new mintex 1144's on atm so no need replacing...