Pav's Albi Blue 197T

ok cool..i read somewhere that the rear seatbets have to be removed too in order to make it road legal.. might just be a load of.......but not sure..haha its easy for u where there is no police patrol but us in manchester,might find it a bit risky..:w00t:

Ahh good point mate, I removed my seat belt buckles. But not seat belts themselves, I hid them away under the door cards. That is true but I doubt you would get in trouble for having no back seats. Haha :smile:

Ahh good point mate, I removed my seat belt buckles. But not seat belts themselves, I hid them away under the door cards. That is true but I doubt you would get in trouble for having no back seats. Haha :smile:
happy days then..might just keep the back seats in my spare room...thanks

just a little update..one of my side lights bulb died yesterday..had some led 501 bulbs at home so i didnt hesitate and went replacing..jesus,the passenger side was a pig to do..not a lot of room there..managed without removing anything in engine bay..
19082014658.jpg
19082014659.jpg
19082014660.jpg

and did some carbon wrapping too...
19082014654.jpg
19082014655.jpg
19082014657.jpg
19082014661.jpg
19082014662.jpg
19082014663.jpg
19082014664.jpg
19082014665.jpg

so finally got my hands on something i have been after since i bought my car..we all know how the stock exhaust system sucks..cars like these deserve a better sounding exhaust..so a member on here was selling his K-tec...had it fitted today..
impressions??hmmm..it is loud..probably louder than I expected tbh...if u stay under or around 3000-4000 rpm u should be ok not having pensioners waving their walking stick at ya... but if u take it above that-jeeezzz..gets quite loud..pops and bangs on the upshift as well as on the downshift..
im quite pleased with the fact that the ktec is 5.5kgs lighter than standard...will be in the hunt for some tips so if u have any idea which ones please let me know..The diameter is 63.5mm..
regarding the dreaded flat spot some owners have been reporting,I have a very slight one only in between 2500-2600 rpm after the swap..which i can live with..
here are some videos:

standard:[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omsoi5XGuz4&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]
K-tec:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLbIQg4BF3c&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDqOXHtf6Gc&feature=youtu.be
thanks for watching

Last edited:
So I watched the first video thinking it was the new Ktec system and couldn't understand why it was so quiet [emoji23] whoops! Was the centre silencer removed from you standard exhaust?

Second video sounds awesome though mate, the pops and burbling noise sound great. You must be really happy. [emoji2] I want some noise so badly. I need an exhaust system in my life. [emoji24]

haha luke..i've waited over a year to get one..but it really is worth it..
my standard exhaust was complete-no chopping....
so far im happy with it but will take some getting used to...
thanks for the comment

Chris it is loud..the video doesnt do it justice..a bit too loud to my liking tbh..but well..at least u hear me coming :skiing:

Last edited:
My scorpion got quieter when it bed in, but if yours is not new then thats how its guna be haha. They don't have the centre silencer do they?

yep thats it..already bedded in..they do have the center silencer..thats why its so scary..which means i can go even louder :tongueout:anic:

Last edited:
I have a flat spot in exactly the same place, I didn't really notice it with the standard exhaust but as soon as my Milltek went on it was very noticeable. The sound and "pop's" are totally worth it though lol. Will try and get it mapped out at some point

any time soon dunny?would like to see the result..would be good if there was a group buy from rs tuning going on..

Probably early next year as I've just ordered all my new brake parts so funds are low. Agreed though mate if a group deal could be sorted that would be perfect, rs tuning is the place I had in mind all along

keeping the stock one..might get some stainless steel tips from ebay...but tbh with ya they stick out enough..

cleaned after 3 weeks..a few bits have been done in a last few weeks..sprayed diffuser,front calipers got a winter coat+lacquer this time so will see how it performs..front grills sprayed too..had some bubbles coming through before....
12102014695.jpg
12102014696.jpg
12102014697.jpg
thanks.....

thanks buddy...hope the lacquer will protect the paint this time...btw..the k-tec system is awesome..every time i put the foot down i get people turning their heads..puts a smile on my face :d