Paskov92's Nimbus Road/Track Project

Make sure you are pushing the caliper 'in' at the same time as turning. If the piston is fully out then it may need a little more persuasion to get it going again, make sure its lined up square with the caliper.

Had this issue recently (non-clio) but a little persistance fixed it

Make sure you are pushing the caliper 'in' at the same time as turning. If the piston is fully out then it may need a little more persuasion to get it going again, make sure its lined up square with the caliper.

Had this issue recently (non-clio) but a little persistance fixed it
Yeah we are using a piston wind tool so the pressure is there, but we have bent the handle on both wind tools we have :worried:

Gonna give it another go tonight and make sure the handbrake is 'fully off' on the caliper and try loosening the bleed nipple and see if that helps

Otherwise it's 2 new calipers...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just ordered 2 new calipers just in case which will be here Friday.

I'm hoping because I've ordered them now I'll find its something simple tonight and they'll go straight back in!

So we did it!!!

0113e3bb15f5e5295f0625b0bc0ae59a.jpg

Turns out they were just stubborn as f***!

Also helped loosening the bleed nipple a little and eventually they turned and wound back in.

So brakes are back together, feel a little sharper but not too different, guess I'll start to feel it more when they bed in and brakes are used properly on track.

So happy they're done and I'm now ready for Bedford

Cheers for your replies and suggestions

Result!

Time to cancel the order on those rear calipers :smiley:
Yep all cancelled

I also tried to diagnose my check abs/check esp lights and had some interesting findings.

Firstly they only come on when I full lock right which I knew anyway.

Secondly, we jack the car up in the air took the wheels off, full locked right and nothing happened. Tried turning from wheel to wheel and restarted a few times but still nothing. Tried wobbling both the wires to produce the fault in case of a brake in the wire but nothing. We then out the wheels back on and tried it and the fault happened as soon as we full locked right?!?!

So for some reason when the wheels are on it produces the fault but when they're not it somehow doesn't.

Can anyone explain this mystery?!

Think I may have just fixed my abs light.

My mum has a 182 and she had the same lights come on and after doing some research a lot of suggestions were the brake light switch. So I just tried that on my car and seems the lights weren't coming on that which so adjusted the switch, tried full locking right and bam no light!!!

I can't believe I didnt try this a few weeks ago, what a donut!

So fingers crossed it's not just coincidence and the light will stay out

I don't know if anyone has ever used an android app called Oh no! For Renault, but apparently has all the diagnostic modules so just used it on my car and it came up with open circuit or short ground on front left wheel speed sensor straight away!

So hopefully it's correct and will order a new one and find out