Panasonic Lumix TZ7

Just bought one of the above to use as a "walkabout" and family snapshot camera. All I can say is WOW, picture quality rocks, colour tones etc are spot on, and the top thing has to be the HD video quality, with stereo sound and ability to zoom while recording!

Incredibly easy to use and much more descrete than carrying an SLR everywhere. Wife loves it as it's an easy point and shoot.

No car vids yet, but will do some as soon as my mount arrives.

Only a few examples of shots taken with it so far:
P1000176.gif
my new snake having lunch:
P1000141.gif
and some from Beamish museum:
P1000093.gif
P1000041.gif

I don't think it could ever outdo my Sony A200 DSLR, but I know I will use this one hell of a lot as the quality is spot on for a point and shoot.

intelligent Auto works superbly and means you rarely have to change the settings at all. Noise supression is very good and the lens seems to be sharp as you can hope for.

All in all well worth the money and I would highly recommend. I would suggest getting an 8gb card though, it eats memory when you are videoing.

nice crisp, clear shots. Not liking the snake though ! Was that rat alive, or had you humanely hit it with a shovel 1st ?!

Adrian said:
Was that rat alive, or had you humanely hit it with a shovel 1st ?!

Fresh from the freezer, all my snakes feed on defrosted prey, I wouldn't risk an expensive snake being bitten by a mouse, not worth the risk.
If you want gory shots I have some where the cuddled their food so much it exploded, lol

Golgarth said:
Adrian said:
If you want gory shots I have some where the cuddled their food so much it exploded, lol
8-) silly question but I gotta ask, do you have to defrost the mice first :?:

anyway camera seems pretty good, how is it for speed? by that I dont mean action shots but the physical speed of the camera. I have found some high megapixel cameras take ages to store a pic on the card

richandgem said:
Golgarth said:
Adrian said:
8-) silly question but I gotta ask, do you have to defrost the mice first :?:

anyway camera seems pretty good, how is it for speed? by that I dont mean action shots but the physical speed of the camera. I have found some high megapixel cameras take ages to store a pic on the card

yes you have to defrost, I tend to leave them ontop of the snake tanks for a few hours, and the heat from the tanks defosts them, then you heat the heads with a hair dryer for 10 seconds to make it easier for the snakes to sense the prey (heat ducts and all that)

Speed wise it's good (writing times) but I always use high speed cards :wink:

Nice pics there - I'm getting the TZ6, which is the same camera, minus the HD Video recording (which I'd never use anyway)

Glad to see it performs well :smile:

Russ.

RussZS said:
Nice pics there - I'm getting the TZ6, which is the same camera, minus the HD Video recording (which I'd never use anyway)

Glad to see it performs well :smile:

Russ.

TBH it was the HD that drew me to it. I have an SLR and a Camcorder, this sits nicely between both, and does well.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Matt197 Clio General Chat 3
K Latest Technology 12
Paul Latest Technology 20