New toy - Panasonic GH1 - First Photos

Paul

Platinum Member
Just got home and been so excited as I had a text earlier saying this had been delivered (a day late :worried:). I have been looking at getting a DSLR for ages as I have been enjoying photography for a good while but have been stuck with a small point and shoot jobby so I have always wanted more! Looked at this GH1 ages ago and it has come down in price so I thought 'why not'... The day I ordered was the same day the leather seats were first posted so I had a bit of a dilemma lol! Will probably end up getting the seats at a later date now, but at least I have a new toy to play with in the meantime!

Anyways some piccys...

P1060184.jpg

P1060183.jpg

P1060181.jpg

Very sweet indeed matey, i can see im going to have to step things up a little with more competition :wink: enjoy matey :smiley:

Wow, that's nice! I would love to do more photography and get a decent camera, I just don't have the kind of cash needed to get one. I wouldn't even like to hazard a guess as to how much that was!

Thanks Gaz and Arran, yeah I am well impressed with it - just need some sunlight now!

LMAO yeah the dogging pole is a consideration, however three legs on a tripod is more than one haha!

Why'd you go for a panasonic instead of the mainstream canon/nikon's? Not that they're bad just wondering :smile:

My previous camera is a Panasonic and it is really good (by my standards) I know how it works and how to get the best out of it. Taking the step up to this level I wanted a familiar operating platform. I had a go with a couple of Canons, Nikons and 1 Sony but I didn't like them. This comes with a good kit lens and all round usability, I liked how it looked and there is a good selection of lenses available if and when I want to expand a bit more. TBH I also like the compact size, I really didn't want a chunky camera as I would probably still use the PAS while I was out.

I also like doing something a little different and not following in everyones' footsteps :smile:

Yeah Maz I did have a laugh at that too!

Thanks Craig, I am looking forward to getting out with it at the weekend!

LMAO Yeah once I get the hang of the bloody thing though it has a million different settings and dials! A world apart from my old one haha! :smiley:

Not that I am complaining though!

Nice looking camera. Santa is bringing me a 550D (If I'm a good boy, lol) as some of the pics on here put mine to shame.

Right after waiting and waiting I have finally been out to get some photos in some half decent weather! It was -13 while I was out so a fair few of the shots were blurred because of me shivering a lot!

Straight out of the camera

P1000390.jpg

P1000399.jpg

P1000401.jpg

P1000501.jpg

P10005202.jpg

And a few fed through Photoshop :wink:

P1000444_38_39_40_41_42_43_tonemapped.jpg

P1000445_46_47_48_49_50_51_tonemapped.jpg

P1000452_3_4_5_6_7_8_tonemapped.jpg

P1000466_67_68_69_70_71_72_tonemapped.jpg

P1000473_4_5_6_7_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

P1000373_4_5_6_7_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

And now I forgot to congratulate you on your imence effort getting these photos. Don't know how your fingers were still working! Great stuff mate.