Ordered some cleaning stuff!

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
A mate posted on Facebook yesterday that he had ordered some things from cleanyourcar.co.uk. So I had a little look and ended up spending a flipping fortune!

I have wanted a snow foam bottle/lance thingy for a while, so took the plunge and ordered one. Plus 5l bottle of PH nutral snow foam to go in it.

I have wanted a decent bucket with grit guard for a while too, so I thought I'd get one of these too. So expensive really, but hopefully might make washing better.

I love my wheels now they have been refurbed, so I want some decent stuff to protect them. So I ordered some Poor boys wheel sealant stuff.

I like the Megs Wax I have, but I want something a bit more than just the normal stuff, so ordered some Megs Ultimate Wax.

I just need to find the time to wash the bloody thing now and still need to get the bumper repaired too.

Brilliant website, don't look at it with your cards new you though!!! :smiley:

Let me know how the sealant is, I quite fancy a go at that. I'd reccomend trying the Sonus polishes too if you've never used them. I'd not heard of them before I went on there but they're very very good. The Lance takes some getting used to and you might have to fanny about with the settings but it's cool once you get it sussed. Mine comes out like molten marshmallow!!! :smiley:

Ha ha, will have a play and try to get a good mixture. I wanted to order some more stuff, but I held myself back. Lol!

Possibly Mike. It's going to be a while before I get a good chance to wash it though.

just done my wheels again
washed polished 3 coats poorboys sealant pee down rain now pants
finish it tomoz

I'm going to get mine on stands and fo my wheels inside lol!! I've spent so much on detailing stuff as well! Think I'm going to get a snow foam lance though!

Only thing that annoys me about CYC is they never have everything in stock

I used to use clean and shiny before it went bump they had everything under the sun. Ive used loads of different ones for individual things that arent available at just 1 place. Overall i find CYC very good and the service is second to non.

I noticed a lot of the things on there were out of stock too. I will probably buy a machine polisher at some point this year.

Sonus......... Errrmm no i gotta say same. For heavy swirl removal i would go for a compounding pad and some ferecla g3 or light swirls chemical guys scratch n swirl buff.

CYC is a great site, was on the other day to get some Billberry, last minute though i jumped on ebay and got 5 Litres for £19.99.

Magical stuff. :clap:

It's worked fine for me. How are you two applying it and which ones have you tried? It does take some work to get them to bite but I've used them with both foam pads and a DA. Using just one of them doesn't really do much I've found but if you do use the SFX polishes together then they work very well. They don't contain fillers, which is why I like them, but also why they need working harder to get rid of swirls because they don't just mask them like some other polishes.

Can't say I've used the Mezerna stuff but it seems to get consistently good reviews. :smile:

Sonus SFX1 & SFX2, applied with DA & Sonus Pads;

20110415-01.jpg

Sonus SFX1, SFX2, SFX3 & SFX4 applied by hand with Sonus Pads;

20100530-06.jpg

Last edited:
It all came on Tuesday, very good service tbh. Stuff looks great, I will have to try it out as soon as I can. Can't wait to use my snow foam lance.

It's worked fine for me. How are you two applying it and which ones have you tried? It does take some work to get them to bite but I've used them with both foam pads and a DA. Using just one of them doesn't really do much I've found but if you do use the SFX polishes together then they work very well. They don't contain fillers, which is why I like them, but also why they need working harder to get rid of swirls because they don't just mask them like some other polishes.

Can't say I've used the Mezerna stuff but it seems to get consistently good reviews. :smile:

Sonus SFX1 & SFX2, applied with DA & Sonus Pads;

20110415-01.jpg

Sonus SFX1, SFX2, SFX3 & SFX4 applied by hand with Sonus Pads;

20100530-06.jpg

Hi Mate,

Your pics of your 197 look really good. You have certainly done a good job.

If you don't mind me asking, I want to get my clio looking as good as yours, what snow foam do u use and would you say the following is a good process to start off with as i've never cleaned my car like this before?

1.Rinse car with pressure washer
2.Cover it in snow foam - wait for 3mins,
3.Rinse off
4.Dry with leather
5.Apply Auto Glym Super Resin polish with Sonus Foam pads
6.Use another paint protector with microfibre cloth to remove all the swirls

What would you say?

Look forward to your feedback bud!!

Chris