Opinions Please - CF Bonnet

Been to Renault today and i have been told that the LY is painted in 3 different layers menaing it is really hard to make it match, because of this they dont sell it which means i have no idea how i would put stripes onto the CF?

Any ideas?

Been to Renault today and i have been told that the LY is painted in 3 different layers menaing it is really hard to make it match, because of this they dont sell it which means i have no idea how i would put stripes onto the CF?

Any ideas?

why bother with a cf bonnet when the 197 is aluminum anyway :001_rolleyes:

just get it carbon wrapped and leave the gaps for the stripes - easiest and cheapest way :thumbup:

any bodyshop get get LY paint. whether it would be a great job depends on which bodyshop you use.

Hi there
Like the stripes a lot and having just fitted a CF bonnet to my nimbus silver I tried to add some silver stripes (thanks for the idea!) which were a very good colour match but in a hurry I messed up the application - darn its a tricky job to do 100% - so need to get some more material and try again. Blargghh !

Hi there
Like the stripes a lot and having just fitted a CF bonnet to my nimbus silver I tried to add some silver stripes (thanks for the idea!) which were a very good colour match but in a hurry I messed up the application - darn its a tricky job to do 100% - so need to get some more material and try again. Blargghh !

What's the weight difference?

hey stronza197
let me know when you get it done i wanna see the results! its still going to be a while for me to get mine done! 2 nails in 2 tyres means i have to prioritise.... bugger

Sorry to bring an old thread up but i think this looks fantastic.

Is anyone able to do a photoshop of a red 197 with carbon bonnet and red stripes?