Ok... The 200T vs 200 comparison!!!!

what makes you think you can fit enough cash in one pocket :blush:hmy:

Launch control doesn't void the warranty. Unlike other manufacturers.

We did around 15 yesterday in about 30 cars and none of them had any issues.

Around 450 launches a day and not one problem. Pretty good if you ask me?

And yes the mapping has removed the delay in the change reaction time. It now like a DSG/SMG but quicker.

Last edited:
Great to hear.

It struggled in the wet using LC at brands but I was first one out and I was told it learns after each launch about the grip level and adjusts.

Farrari I was told limit there LC system to ten!

But like I say renaults is limited by temperature.

Great to hear.

It struggled in the wet using LC at brands but I was first one out and I was told it learns after each launch about the grip level and adjusts.

Farrari I was told limit there LC system to ten!

But like I say renaults is limited by temperature.

theres a massive difference in a ferrari dumping 560hp on the tarmac and a clio dropping 197hp....the amount of time the clio can do it says alot about how its set up/programmed!!

But in the same breath there is a massive amount in price difference.

If you can afford a 200k car then what is 5k or so for a clutch.

The 200T when speced up with LY and options ticked may be a lot but 200T lux with the box and cup suspension technology is good value for money imo

I guess it comes down to how much you value that push to next gen technology tho.

In the past the Clio was knocked for being in the dark ages, too raw/harsh and unfriendly for everyday use. For those reason it sold well amongst true petrol heads but those time are long gone due to the economic climate.

I was talking to the Renaultsport event staff (instructor) at Donington on Monday and they said the ECU can only take 1500 Launch Control's...

Also, the test they did for the RS Clio's was on a small 'auto test' route and another behind the tree's and fences. I think a few also went out on the road. Nothing special IMHO, I certainly will not be swapping my current 200.

Last Tuesday a few RS clio's went on track at Donington and they just don't seem as fun and engaging as the current 200.

For those interested, they will be in the showroom next week....

^--- very strange can you post that on the RenaultSport Forum ? Jeremy has confirmed its unlimited so would like to know a proper answer.

grand just quoted you and asked RUK :smile: just interested is all don't know if I'll ever get one!

Don't think I could afford it if I'm honest!

A seem to recall JT saying it was unlimited.

according to Luke there has been no software update for the gearbox tho.

I spoke to the Marketing Director of Renault:

"There is definitely a new map on the Gearbox for limited delay times"

didn't notice it when i was on track but i'm gonna have another blast at bedford in it if they bring it.

My friend who builds and repairs clio cup cars and works with Pyro etc have got 2 new Mk4 cups and he said they are not as good.

I think they should release that cup racer spoiler as an option, I love it :smile: (might be the only one who does but oh well haha)

TBH, JT is usually very upfront with changes & improvements especially if it is one that has been changed to improve things the press have mentioned so.......

I brought it up in front of the Marketing Director, and he showed me to a car with the improved software. I then drove it, and can report its good news.

I also asked why was the new car slower than the 200 around Mangy Course in the wet. I got back; "we need a new driver" - Good old Yorky

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1